Letter - 2

It has been a month since I have updated and you know what I'm not sorry

Anyway on to the show.

As said before by Blain, you, and everyone else in this hellhole, this place was and is a hellhole. You recalled some sort of book from when you were little and just started to make your own version on the spot, as one does.

"She hated this job, she hated a lot, she did not like this job, no she did not," you started, "She hated how the cubicles were a little too small, she hated the writing on the bathroom stalls. She hated this job more than anyone had before, she hated this job because... because..." hm. How to finish it?

You glanced around for momentary inspiration and your eyes struck a photo of you and your grandpa when you were little. Oh how you had the best time together, coloring and playing outside. That was a time when you truly felt free. "...because she didn't get to live anymore."

And that's when it hit you. The letter. The letter you had held onto for so many years, losing and gaining hope in it like a roller coaster. The letter that your grandfather had given you in his dying moments. The letter that you were told would set you free. Where was it?

You knew you had kept it in your desk, but you weren't sure where. You couldn't take this damn eternal suffering called a workplace anymore. The adrenaline hit you so hard that you started throwing papers out of your desk drawers one by one, you fell out of your chair, one of the straps on your silly blue overalls came loose or something, the building set on fire, the world froze over- you didn't really know what was going on, you didn't really care.

And finally you found it- the purple wax sealed, something-many years ago, smells like grandpa, filled with hope, possibly a scam but hopefully not, letter with love tied in a bow.

As people wondered what the hell you were doing, your eyes scanned over the words.

"Dear Y/N,

If you are reading this, you must be in dire need of a change.

The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place where I truly belong.

I've enclosed the deed to that place... my pride and joy: Crater Farm. It's located in Stardew Valley, on the Southern Coast. It's the perfect place to start your new life.

This was my most precious gift of all, and now it's yours. I know you'll honor the family name, my precious granddaughter. Good luck.

Love, Grandpa"

You stood up, slowly folded the letter, and neatly put it into your back pocket. As everyone waited in anticipation, Blain was the only one brave enough to say anything.

"Uh... Y/N? You good?"

"Never better."

Only about 450 words or so, but hey, I felt bad about not posting. Next part will be exciting I'm sure. Thank you all for reading, comment what you think about it or if you have any suggestions!