Morning - 5

In honor of 300 reads I decided to get my stuff together and write something

Thank you for 300 reads

Also I know exposition sucks BUT WE GETTIN SOMEWHERE I PROMISE

You woke up, unfortunately. Wouldn't it be nice to see everyone in the village? Y'know, meet new people, smell the fresh air? Start the farm? Not stay in bed all day again?  You argued to yourself. You were about to decide on five more minutes when you noticed a package in the middle of the cottage. Mindlessly you flipped the covers off of the bed and flumped down next to the package. You picked up the package and shook it like a kid waiting for Christmas, and when you heard something rattling around in it, you decided to just put it down and open it. It had 15 packages of seeds in it with a small labels on them that said 'Parsnip Seeds'. You saw a note in the box next to the packages.

'Here's a little something to get you started.

-Mayor Lewis'

How nice... you totally wanted to get started farming today... yay... but, where should you put them? You looked around on your outfit and stuffed the seeds in your pockets. Those are gonna be filled soon.

Hm. The house had an old TV on a little table-ish thing (hey, what were you, a furniture expert?) in the corner opposite your bed. A cute fireplace sat in the room next to a table and chair next to the TV of course. A small picture of a tree hung next to a window.

"Okay, first thing's first," you mumbled to yourself. You didn't need to change from your pajamas, as you were so tired the previous day you just fell asleep in your day clothes. You made a mental list of some things you needed to do to get started. You were so tired and so dreading this that you didn't even realize how nervous about your first day you should have been.

Mental list:

1. Grow and harvest a parsnip

2. Meet everyone

You weren't so excited about that second one. Actually scratch that, you weren't very excited about either.

No, that was enough. Being overly happy about everything has always been your thing, so it's time to wake yourself up!

You decided to call Blain, as she was probably very eager to see how you were holding up.

beep beep beeeep, beep beep, you dialed the numbers on your little flip phone.

"GIRL WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME I WAS SO WORRIED!" Oh. What?

"What do you mean? I was tired, I went to bed." You answered nonchalantly yet excitedly.

"You promised to call me the instant you got there! I thought the bus crashed or something!" Blain was freaking out, but obviously relieved. I chuckled and sat on my bed.

"I'm ok."

"So what's it like there? Any cuties?"

"Of course that's the first thing you ask about."

She audibly smiled.

"But, I have to say, the woman that showed me to my cottage was kinda cute." My face got hot, and I was probably blushing a little.

"Ooh! How old is she? And, speaking of, how is the cottage?"

"I'm not sure how old she is, looks a little older than me though. And the cottage is very cute! You would like it here." I smiled.

"I bet I would. Now go have fun, and report back soon to tell me everything!" She was probably jumping around her apartment.

"I will girly, miss you lots!" Even though it had only been a day since you last saw her, it was the truth.

"Miss you too!" beeeeeeep.

You sighed. "Alright," you started, "let's do this!" You exclaimed, tossing the phone on your bed and bolting out the door.

Based on how short my chapters are, this book is going to be very long. I hope that's a good thing...? Anyway, per usual, been a bit since I've posted. I'm posting now because I know that for about the next three weeks or so I won't be able to. Busy schedule, you get it.

Why not leave a comment or a vote? It'll let me know that you're enjoying the story, and it's completely free!

Got any comments? Questions? Things you would like to see in the story? Grammar mistakes? Let me know!

Thanks for reading!