Exploring - 6

As you ran giggling past the yard, you took notice yet again of how weed filled it was. Something you would take care of later. You reached the small pathway that the bus stop was at, and you realized that everything beyond this point would be new.

You paused. And began to run again, giggling picking up again.

It wasn't long before you came to a clearing filled to the brim with sunlight and buildings. It smelled of all kinds of green - trees, grass, flowers - something that you hadn't been used to when living in the city. The air was warm and comforting, and the birds chirped to their heart's content. Most of the structures looked to be houses, but the one that caught your eye first was the building straight ahead of you. It was big and had a large colorful sign on it that read 'Pierre's'. You didn't exactly take notice of the structure next to it, and you didn't particularly want to, as you were trying to take in things one at a time.

You tried to push the glass doors open and-

locked.

You then noticed the sign that quite obviously said, "Open 9:00am - 9:00pm". Huh. You started to think of all the vulgar names Blain would have called you (while laughing uncontrollably) for running into a glass door that you could see through.

You shook those thoughts and instead thought of the other things you could do while waiting. Checking out the board next to the door could be a good idea, as it seemed to have some probably informational flyers on it.

A calendar! That would be helpful- and it had some days in specific marked down. Birthdays with pictures of people that you guessed you would be meeting in the near future, a festival, and a dance. A dance? Like... a romantic dance? ...Interesting.

One of the birthdays stood out to you in particular, as you had recognized the name next to it. You looked up and yep, it matched the name on the sign above.

Just as you were going to check the time to see how much waiting you had left to do, the minute sound of footsteps seemed to grow louder. You turned to see a disgruntled looking man that seemed to be doing his best to ignore your presence- or maybe, he was an expert at it.

Curiously, you went up to him and tried to introduce yourself. Emphasis on tried.

He simply said,

"I don't know you. Why are you talking to me?"

You looked back to the calendar to see if you could find him. Shane. Probably drunk. Just a hunch.

Suddenly, the lights had turned on in 'Pierre's' and you pushed on the now unlocked doors. They opened with ease, and you walked in. It was a little store! It sold seeds and fruit and other necessities. You decided to pick up what you could afford in parsnip seeds and proceed to the desk where you saw a familiar face.

You went up and introduced yourself to the man you recognized as Pierre.

"Hey, it's Ms. Y/N, the new farmer! I'm Pierre, owner of the local general store. If you're looking for seeds, my shop is the place to go. I'll also buy produce from you for a good price! A little agriculture could really inject a new life into the local economy!" He chimed.

"Oh that's uh, cool! Thank you!" You smiled kindly.

You paid for the parsnip seeds and immediately regretted spending all the money you had. Maybe it would have been a smarter choice to save at least some money, but hey, you were new to this whole farming thing, and you weren't going to let anyone judge you. Including yourself.

You were about to walk out when you noticed two people come in. One a stout older looking man, and one an older looking woman with short hair and a tired, friendly smile. One of the goals on your mental list was to meet everyone, right? Of course as you walked over to the older woman you imagined how you could say one wrong thing everything could spiral downward.