III. Creating Eternal Memories

Chapter Three: Creating Eternal Memories
Occurring: 3x05 - The Reckoning
Set: Mystic Falls High

The next couple of days were a blur of reconnecting with everyone she had missed while in Chicago, and while she had enjoyed the time with her friends she couldn't help but feel like they were keeping something from her. But she brushed it aside blaming it on her paranoia instead focusing her attention on preparing for another school year. And before she knew it Senior Prank Night was upon them.

The day was spent in a whirlwind of chaos as everyone rushed about to get the last-minute planning and gathering of supplies done that Caroline had instructed them to do weeks ago. By the time night fell it was time to start setting everything up, Maya was abuzz with energy and excitement. The others found it difficult to contain both her and Caroline's manic energy.

They had completed a handful of the smaller pranks when they started their first big one. Covering a classroom floor in mousetraps. It was quite a feat to do so using only flashlights but they'd managed to cover most of the floor.

Until Matt set them all off.

"Ohh! Oh, come on!" Maya chuckled as Caroline vented her exasperation, "Seriously!? Do you know how long it took us to set all this up!?"

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asked bemusedly.

"Clearly." Matt retorted, looking at the mess of mousetraps littering the floor.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year." Caroline questioned.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Elena spoke up.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this," Matt responded.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie explained.

"I'm here by choice." Maya quickly refuted. "Safely confine chaos is my calling in life."

Caroline nodded her thanks to Maya, glad someone was taking her side, before launching into her spiel.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena interrupted, Maya half-heartedly hit her twin's shoulder as she chuckled.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care."

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank." Tyler said bluntly, leaving the classroom with a duffel bag full of supplies.

Elena dumped her flashlight on the desk before following Tyler out.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie asked.

"To super glue, Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories."

Caroline grinned and Elena smiled back before spinning on her heel and heading to Alaric's class.

"I love you!" Caroline called after her.

Maya chuckled at the two of them before bending down to behind the task of resetting the traps. She could distantly hear Tyler instructing some guys outside about further pranks they were planning. Caroline and Bonnie began to help her reset the traps as quickly and efficiently possible under Caroline's leadership. Once they had finished up in that classroom they split up to prank as many classrooms as possible before they got busted.

Maya didn't spot any of the others as she went from classroom to classroom, occasionally helping out other groups.

But as the evening wore on she began to feel fainter and fainter. It wasn't long before a migraine started up. Between the nausea, dizzy spells and crippling pain in her head, it was getting impossible to focus on the pranks she'd been so excited about.