Prologue

So many dreams. They were everywhere around the globe. So many sweet, sweet dreams. The dreams looked like sand you could say, golden sand. A small town of Burgess, Pensilvania is where it begins...

Children were resting, all snuggled up in their beds. In a few hours daylight will appear. Then the children will go in with their usual day. They would go to school, hang out with friends or just play outside.

But....

In Burgess there is the woods where no one would even dare to enter. No birds would sing their sweet songs, and no animal would even go there, knowing what lies beneath those woods.

Beneath the small town was a cave. It was dark and it was cold. It was empty... or so you thought.

A piece of sand came to life. No, it wasn't the dream sand that gave sweet dreams. This sand gave you bad dreams, nightmares.

The black sand shifted and shifted till it turned into the shape of a horse. It slowly walked into what it appeared to be a pool of black sand. The horses lowered its head and lightly snorted in the pool.

At first nothing happened, but then it shifted into a figure. As this creature was taking form, some of the sand from the pool flew out and started circling around the figure.

"Fear, fear, fear!"

They chanted darkly. The figure finally took form and breathed in and out strongly. This dark figure was the Nightmare king. The boogeyman. He rather be called Pitch or Nightmare king, and the reason why he didn't want to be called the Boogeyman was because he hated that name. He despised it.

"I'm.... free. Free at last!" He shouted.

He was happy he was finally free, but all the memories came flooding in. He remembered how he first got there in the first place.

The Guardians.

They will pay. They will all pay. He will get enough fear to defeat them once again. And once he finally has them....

"I'll kill them."

:3. :3. :3. :3. :3

A/N: yeah this takes place after the whole "Rise of the guardians," movie. Hope you like:)