Chapter 4

Chapter 4

---

Week after week for the next few months, Tyler would come visit Michae. He would bring her little things now and then such as coloring book, toys, anything to keep the young girl occupied. And everything he brought her worked.

When Michae was happy, everyone was happy.

It was five o'clock in the evening and was almost time for Tyler to head home. Michae knew this and it made her sad. "Are you gonna come back?" She asked; eyes gleaming with hopeful thoughts. Tyler chuckled. "Yes. I'll be back first thing in the morning and tomorrow you'll be back at my house with me. Alright?"

Michae nodded.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow, Michae." He bid her goodbye and left.

Michae watched him as he got into his car from the third floor and slumped back onto her bed when he pulled away. "One more day." She whispered to herself.

Everything that she had with her was packed and ready to go. Some items were in the possession of Dr. Loomis and were to stay with him until MIchae was secured properly moved in to Tyler's home. Michae grabbed a piece of paper and a red crayon and began scribbling onto the paper.

"Good evening, Miss Michae." Dr. Loomis said from the doorway to her room.

Michae looked up and smiled. "Hi, Dr. Loomis."

"How are you feeling today?" He asked while walking over to the desk and placing a few items on it. The usual papers, notebook, recorder, and other objects. Michae noted that he looked a little worn out. She shrugged it off. "Good."

Loomis smiled. "That's good. No nightmares yet?"

"Nope!"

"Very nice, young lady. Now, mind if I ask a few questions?"

"Go ahead." Michae stated while focusing on her drawing once more. "Alright. When was your last nightmare?" Loomis asked. Michae pursed her lips and shrugged with an, "I dunno."

Loomis knew that the memory loss took a huge toll on the five year old so her lack of correct, or accurate, answers was understandable and excused. "Okay. How about during the day? Any daydreams about anything in particular?"

"No sir."

"Thought so." Loomis nodded as he scribbled something in the notepad. He looked up and noticed a bountiful amount of papers piled on the poor girls bed. A few loose sheets were strewn across the floor and there were even ones on her nightstand. "You've got quite the collection of drawings, Michae."

Michae nodded without looking. "Uh-huh."

Loomis walked over to her bed and decided to pick a few up.

As he examined them, he realized that they were pretty odd for such a young girl to be drawing. "Michae? What made you draw these?"

"Well," Michae began as she replaced the red crayon for a purple marker. "I have dreams about it."

"About what, specifically."

"The boogeyman."

Loomis froze in his spot. He examined more of the drawings more carefully and noticed that they got a little more disturbing as he looked through them. "The boogeyman?" He asked. "I thought you said you didn't have any nightmares recently?"

"I didn't." Michae said plainly. "The boogeyman shows up sometimes. It usually just stands in the background and stays in it's spot. It never moves."

"Oh...really?"

Michae looked up at Loomis. "Yes." She reached for another marker. "It also never talks. It seems...lonely." Michae frowned a little. "It doesn't have any friends or family. It's all alone with no one to do anything with. The boogeyman is sad."