Chapter 5

Chapter 5

October 30, 2008

Haddenfield, Illinois

---

Michae was 10 years old.

She had grown into a smart little thing over the past two years. She was in the sixth grade. She had one of the highest grade point averages in her grade and was reading at a seventh, maybe eighth, grade level. She knew most of her multiplication facts and studied hard for spelling tests.

The one thing that surprised everyone the most was the fact that she was able to make friends in such a short period of time.

"Hi, Michae." An eight year old girl called out.

Michae walked down the hallway to the school when the bell had rung. It was time to go home and the ten year old was rushing to get home.

Spinning to see who had called her, Michae smiled at Lola. Lola was two years younger than Michae and was attached to the dark humored girl more than anything. Lola was the one who took on after Michae. Always wanting to be just like her when she grew older.

She even wore her hair in the same soft and straight ponytail that Michae did.

"Hey, Lola."

"Did I miss anything good today?"

Michae snorted. "Like what?"

Lola rolled her blue eyes. "I mean with Clyde. I heard that you threatened to beat him up for making fun of you?" She was young. Like she was going to pass up the opportunity to know what the older kids knew. The gossip was almost to much for poor Lola.

"No. My dad found out." Michae huffed while shoving some hair out of her face.

"Oh..." Lola stated sadly. She then looked questionably up at Michae. "Dad?" She asked. Michae smiled with a tiny shrug. "He's been there for me for four years, Lola. The least I can do is call him Dad."

"Ah. Makes sense."

They were walking down the sidewalk when Michae suddenly got sidetracked by something that had caught her eye. "Hey, did...did you see that bush move?"

Lola squinted in the direction that Michae was pointing. She then shoved Michae's arm. "Nice try, Mimi. I'm not falling for that." Lola scoffed. Michae slowly caught up to Lola. "I'm serious, dude. It was in the Myers front yard."

"The who's?"

Michae bit her lip. She contemplated on telling the easily frightened girl the tale of the Myers family.

"Tyler told me a few stories about the Myers family." She stopped in front of the house and took the view in. "It all started with a deranged kid named Michael Myers." She wrapped a careful hand around the rim of the metal fence. "He was nine when he murdered his older sister, Judith. He killed a kid earlier that same day along with his step dad and his sister, Judith's, boyfriend. He did it on Halloween. Everyone calls him the boogeyman. He tried to kill his sister Laurie along with his niece Jamie Lloyd but never got caught. Dr. Loomis tells everyone that he's still on the loose, and Tyler and I are the only ones who believe him..."

"Whoa..."

Michae nodded. "I know. I feel kind of bad for Michael Myers. I mean, yeah he's a serial killer, but maybe he just needs a friend. Maybe not. Who knows."

Lola stared at the house in wonder.

Michae took one last look at it before she motioned her young friend to follow her as they proceeded down the sidewalk and to their respective houses.