Chapter 6

Chapter 6

...

"Yes, Mr. Grove." A girl in her mind teens, about sixteen, smiled brightly at the man who she was talking to. "Of course I'll watch Michae! She's a sweet girl and I'm honored to be able to watch her!"

Michae huffed. "You're really milking it this time, huh, Sarah?"

Sarah shoved the younger girls face playfully. "You know you're my favorite little brat, Michae." She grinned when Michae scrunched her face up in fake disgust. "Whatever."

Tyler messed with Michae's hair. "You'll be fine tomorrow. Oh, and you have to go with-"

"Sarah to go and get my costume. I know, dad."

"Good." Tyler knelt down and hugged Michae before shoving her out the door with Sarah. "Take care of her, would you?"

Sarah giggled. "Yes sir! We'll be back before you know it!"

Sarah was a gracious girl with amazing ambitions. She was the pure definition of what a good girl was. Sarah had light blonde hair and bright green eyes. She usually wore a flannel with skinny jeans and her hair was normally braided. Being sixteen, head cheerleader, most notable in chorus and drama, and even getting the best grades in school, of course she'd be the only logical person for Tyler to have babysit Michae. She and Michae got along as if they were sisters. It was simply amazing.

"So, what are you gonna be, girly?"

Michae shrugged when they pulled out of the driveway. "I dunno. I was thinking that I was just gonna dress up in some normal Halloween outfit. Probably wear a black dress with some boots and a cute hair thing."

"You, Michae Grove, are gonna be the prettiest girl at the pageant tomorrow. Ooh! What are you gonna a song?"

Michae smiled. "Some dark song."

"Nice. What song, though?"

"I don't know..."

"Oh god, the pre-teen faze is already setting in..."

"Oh, shut up! Just because I'm not a bitchy cheerleader like you doesn't mean I have to change myself to suit your opinion..." The older girl looked confused but decided to let the ten year old rant and holler. "I wanted a more heavy rock song. I don't know though."

Sarah smiled fondly at the younger female. "You're awesome, Michae. Never let anyone tell you any different." She hoped that Michae was listening.

"Like you just did."

"Come on, kid, I'm being serious."

Michae nodded and stared out of the window.

When they stopped at a red light, Michae noticed a mysterious figure outside her window. "...Do you see that?" She asked slowly. The figure was familiar.

She suddenly recognized it.

It was the boogeyman...

He was standing on the side of the rode with his hands empty and the haunting white mask looking as blank and unreadable as ever.

Sarah raised an eyebrow and looked out the window before the light turned green once more. She shook her head.

"No...Sorry, Michae, I don't see anything."

Michae saw the figure slowly walk behind a few houses before tilting her head. "That was weird..." She shook her head when they began driving once more and eventually made it to their destination.

"Hello, Michae! Hello, Sarah!" The male behind the counter greeted. Michae smiled shyly while Sarah grinned widely. "Hello, Mr. Cross." She greeted happily.