Buttercup

(Featured Characters: Lomadia and Xephos Ships: Xephmadia)

(This is based on superyogs! X and Owl Maiden. I did not create superyogs, here I am writing my own story based on the story. I will quote the fics from the links. I recommend reading these first as it's an add on for it: http://jadedtimberwolf.tumblr.com/post/101310227893/consequences /// and this: http://jafffa.tumblr.com/post/147167157551/asksuperyogs-sjinsbutt-butt-watch-ill)

~

I'll be fine on my own, she said, I don't need you inside my head

(She'll be fine on her own, she'll be fine on her own)

I'll be fine on my own, she said, all my love's wrapped in shades of red

(She'll be fine on her own, she'll be fine on her own)

She hated the sight of him. She needed to protect him, and she failed. He'd lost his mind by the hands of his own best friend.

"I'll look out for you Mads, you'll never get hurt."

"Look out for me? You're having a laugh, right? I'm the one protecting you!"

"Yeah, I guess, I'm not dead yet and that's all thanks to you."

She always thought of that conversation. It haunted her.

No holds barred in the ring so you'll fight me
Give 'em hell, give 'em teeth like you taught me
Tireless mess, seeking thrills getting bitey
When I'm in doubt

She was the fighter and he was nerd, the one who did most of thinking. Not that she couldn't think, she was intellegent, but she did more fighting, protected him.

Growing pains splaying rain on the high sea

Scale a tree, snap a branch so you can't leave

On the ground, lost and found, understand me

Putting words in my mouth, trying to get free

Solid punch kind of eyes make 'em wobbly

Gothic vine growing fire in the lobby

Lighten up, buttercup, get a hobby

Yeah, swing, sucker, swing, finish sobbing

"Come on Mads, lighten up."

"You don't have the right to call me that. Only he can call me that, and he's gone."

"Gone?" he asked his face shocked, innocent, it looked like him for only a moment, before that grin returned. "But Mads, I'm not dead yet and that's all thanks to you."

She'll be fine on her own... she'll be fine on her own
She'll be fine on her own, she said

Oh she couldn't bare it. All the terrible things he did, just to guilt trip his old pal.

I'll be fine, I'm alright, it's my body
Gonna stick to my guns, like you taught me
Holy hell, I can tell that you hate me
Dying moon, keep me up, keep me waiting
I'll be fine, I'm alright, it's my body
Gonna stick to my guns, like you taught me
Holy hell, I can tell that you hate me
Dying moon, keep me up, keep me waiting

X wouldn't stop. He continued to do terrible, cruel things. She'd had to learn to live with it until he was stopped, forcefully. He didn't plan on stopping willingly.

X only felt hatred and felt the urge to get his vengence, that's all his mind let him display.

"X you need to get out no-" X had cut her off.

"Oh, I'm sorry 'Mad's. I apologize for getting hit by an axe. I'm sorry I didn't move in time. I didn't ask for you to save me after my skull was practically cracked open. I didn't ask to continue suffering as I watched my friends left me, and hate me. I didn't want to watch my girlfriend leave me. I didn't have a choice in what to do, I don't have a choice in what I do. It's my thoughts that control me now, and it hurts to ignore, it fills my thoughts." He was angry.

Lomadia watches and she turns to get a drink for him. She felt sorry for it, but when she returned, he was gone, the window left open and the cool breeze hitting her face.

x