3

Y/n headed off to town.

She wandered around the streets of New York, looking at bakeries and whatnot. She sat down at a park bench and pulled out a notebook.  She gently flipped through some pages of her work.

Poems and hundreds of them were jotted down in that notebook. Y/n loved writing poems and sharing them with close friends and family. She loved writing about her feelings or what she sees or thinks. For her, writing a poem was kind of like writing in code. The poem sort of has a hidden meaning to it and you have to understand it to find it's true meaning.

She took a deep breath and relaxed. Writing always calmed her nerves. She pulled out a pen and began working on a new code of secrets.

●♧●

Philip headed off to town.

He made sure to give the cute girl Theodosia his address so they could keep in touch. Angie stayed in the shop to help Theo look for a dress.

Philip liked walking through town. He didn't know why but walking through the busy streets calmed him. It sort of reminded him that every person he sees, might have a story behind them. Kind of like poems. Philip liked poems. He was a poet after all.

He strolled around for a while before he unintentionally wandered into the park his mother took him and his siblings when they went out without Alexander.

Of course he had good memories here but it reminded him of what happened when he was out. All those terrible things his father did...

Philip felt a tear roll down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away before anyone could see. He walked around the park a few more times before he saw someone familliar.

The woman was facing back so he couldn't see her face but he knew he saw her before. He slowly approached the girl and heard soft sobs.

"Miss, are you okay?" Philip asked.

The woman turned around and he was shocked. He stood in shock. The woman sobbed more when she saw Philip's face. She was scared, Philip could tell.

"Miss Reynolds?"

●♧●

Y/n loved the sun set.

The sun was slowly dipping down the horizon, creating different hues in the sky. The clouds changed from white to a warm orange hue.

Y/n felt so relax, sitting on the park bench. She felt so calm seeing the day turn to night. Everything was so peaceful. But nothing interesting really happened. She had no inspiration to write a lot of poems. 

She picked up her notebook and held it close to her chest. She stood up and headed home before he father could worry.

But then she saw two familliar people talking. Y/n who the man was but she wasn't sure of the woman. She didn't know who Philip was talking to.

Then she heard the woman's voice.

"I'm so-sorry for what happened." She apologized.

Maria Reynolds.

Y/n crept up behind them to listen to their conversation. Philip Hamilton talking to Maria Reynolds, the woman who Philip's father had an affair with. That was interesting.

Y/n hid behind a near by tree and jotted down everything they said. She knew her father would want to know about this.

"Sorry doesn't cut it." Philip said with a furious tone. "You made my father cheat on my mother. You ruined our lives!"

"There was nothing I could do." Maria said. "James wouldn't have spared me if I didn't earn money."

"What?" Philip asked.

Maria sighed. "James.... he-he forces me to do these things. I only did it to save my daughter. If I didn't my poor girl would have been beaten by her cruel father."

Y/n could tell she wasn't lying and she knew Philip could tell too. Maria wiped away her tears.

"I truly am sorry, Mr. Hamilton." Maria said. "I didn't mean to cause your family so much trouble. I just wanted to keep my faughter safe."

"Why won't you get a divorce?" Philip asked.

"Do you think any lawyer would help me?" Maria said sadly.

Oh no. She needs help. Y/n is studying law. One side of her said she should just stay out of it... then again... this might be her chance to be known more than Jefferson's daughter.

Before she could think she blurted out, "I'M A LAYWER AND I CAN HELP!!"

"What are you doing here Jefferson?" Philip snarled.

"Helping people." Y/n answered. "Miss Maria Reynolds, I, Y/n Jefferson, will be your lawyer." Y/n said.

"Yeah? Well, I'm studying law too." Philip said. "So I'm helping her."

"No I am." Y/n said.

"I am. I insist." Philip said.

"I doubt you can handle all the work. I can do it." Y/n said with fake kindness.

"It's fine. I'll do it." Philip said.

"You both could." Maria suggested. "You two can work together to file my divorce!"

She seemed so happy Y/n and Philip couldn't say no. So they agreed to work together just this once. They agreed to help the poor woman Maria. They would work together to help Maria and her problems.

But they would have more problems than the ones Maria has.