8

"Theo! Theo! Theo!" The young man yelled at Theodosia, who was tending her garden.

Theodosia had her short brown curly hair tucked inside a straw hat. Her dress was a light green with a white apron on top. Her hands were covered with dirt. Next to her, there was a basket filled with vegetables.

She hummed in response and looked up. A smile grew on her lips as she saw who was approaching. She wiped her dirty hands on her apron and stood up to greet her incoming visitor.

"Hello," Theodosia greeted.

Her visitor stopped his jog, panting. He placed his hands on his knees and caught his breath.

"He-hey." He said. "So-something... gah."

Theo smiled. "What's up, John?" She asked. "And.. where'd you come from?"

"D-dad's... meeting..." John Payne panted. His legs were wobbly and his breath shakey. "I need to take a break."

"Well, come inside." Theodosia said. "Ma and Dad aren't home, so it's fine."

"Oh goodness." John said breathlessly, placing a hand on his chest.

His heart was racing. He couldn't surpress his smile. John had a warm feeling inside him. He was tired, yes, but very excited.

"What's going on?" Theo asked.

"I have news." John said, his smile growing. "Good news."

●♧●

"So?" Philip asked. "What's going on?"

"If I answer you're question, you better answer mine." Y/n replied.

Philip pondered for a moment. "Okay, fine." He decided. "I'll answer your question and you answer mine."

"Okay." Y/n said. "Well, I'm in a good mood because..."

"Because?" Philip asked.

"Well, John asked me out and I said yes a--"

"Wait, wait, wait. He asked you out?" Philip asked.

"Well, yes." Y/n said. "He said he'd treat me out and--"

"He asked you out? On a date?" Philip asked again.

"Got a problem with that, Child Hamilton?" Y/n asked.

"Not at all, Child Jefferson." Philip said.

That was a lie. Philip did have a problem. As much as he hated the girl, he thought she was smart and pretty. But not in a romantic way. No. Not ever.

Besides, if Y/n did get a boyfriend it'd just distract her from her studies and her job. It'd mean Philip can be the hero and take her place. It means he could rise up and become the greatest lawyer of all time.

"What about you?" Y/n asked.

"Wha-huh?" Philip asked, snapping out of his thoughts.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" Y/n asked.

"I've just got someone in mind." Philip admitted.

"Ooooh." Y/n cooed. "Tell me who."

"I'm not gonna say." Philip said, slightly blushing.

"Tell me who!" Y/n said, a smile gracing her lips.

"No, you little shit. I'm not telling you." Philip said, crossing his arms. "Let's just... continue walking."

Y/n pouted but followed Philip through the halls anyway.

●♧●

"Oh my God." Theo gasped. "You asked her to eat out?"

"Yeah, I practiced and everything. Heh." John said, spilling a bit of tea on his pants.

The two were sitting on the couch wth tea cups in hand. Theo was listening to every word John said. She felt so happy for John. Theodosia knew about the young man's long time crush on her best friend.

"What did she say to you?" Theo asked impatiently.

"She said yes!!" John yelled.

Theo squealed in excitement and delight. See, Theodosia has been shiping those two since they've met.

"Oh God! Oh God!" Theodosia squealed. "You better tell me what happens!!"

"Of course!" John said, the joy and excitement overwhelming him a bit.

"Ah! I'm so happy for you!" Theo said and tackled him in a hug.

John hugged back. "I can't wait."

●♧●

"I can't wait to get this done and over with." Alexander said.

The President was still in his office deciding who's side to take. Thomas and Alexander were impatiently waiting for his return.

"Wonder what Y/n's up to." Thomas thought out loud.

"And Philip." Alexander added. "Don't forget Philip."

Thomas ignored Alexander and continued wondering what his daughter may be doing. He really didn't like how Philip and Y/n were staring at each other earlier. Was there something more going on between them?

●♧●

"It's so fucking boring!" Mary conplained, lying on the couch.

Her handmaiden, Emma, stood next to her. Even if Emma was appointed as Mary's handmaiden, she was more of a bestfriend to the young woman.

"Well, what'd you wanna do?" Emma asked.

"I don't know!!" Mary yelled. "It's not fair."

"What isn't fair?" Emma asked.

"Dad!" Mary yelled.

"What about Mr. Jefferson?" Emma said.

"He's always favouring Y/n!" Mary yelled. "He takes her to the meeting, he allows her to do whatever she wants. Hell, Dad even called her his favorite!"

"Mary, I know your father loves you." Emma said.

Mary sat up and pouted. Her brown poofy had become a mess. Her cheeks red and rosy. Her dark eyes held a slight sorrow in them. Her lips parted and gave way to a sigh.

"How can you be so sure, Em?" Mary asked.

"I just know." Replied Emma. "You're father is a good man. I'm sure he sees your potential."

"How I can potentially ruin things." Mary muttered low enough so her friend couldn't hear.

"Well--"

"Ms. Jefferson." A soft voice called.

The girls turned to see Lillie, Y/n's handmaiden. She had a certain look on her face, one Mary was way to familiar of.

"Let me guess," Mary said. "John's here?"

Lillie nodded. "He's waiting in the living room."

●♧●

A/n: meowsers and wowsers

You might be thinking "wait, author-chan senpai, John is visiting Mary? But why?"

HEHEHEHHEHE

Let's just say

Some shit gonna go down

I made an ask author book thingie by de wae. Just to yall know

OKEH GOTTA UPDATE THE ONESHOTS.

B  Y  E