✧ Leo Valdez x Reader ii

『 ⇜ ⇜ ⇜ .⋅≜⋅. ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ 』

A d r i f t

Like how you spent the passing days, you were sitting on the ground near the end of the camp border once again. Just before you, the raindrops fell with the strong gales that can't reach you.

You missed the feeling of the rain on your skin. Being inside the camp most of the time meant that there was no playing in the rain for you. The one responsible for all of that is the barrier that protects the camp from any kind of weather.

"Hey," you heard a whisper behind you.

Without hesitation, you threw a punch at whoever was behind you. To your dismay, he was able to evade your fist.

"Whoa (Nickname)! It's just me, your old pal Leo," the son of Hephaestus jabbered, his hands up like he was surrendering.

"Who? I don't remember any Leo," you shot him a glare before you turned away, deciding to continue watching the rain.

"Rude lady, you are!" You didn't see the pained expression he had when he realized you weren't kidding.

"Leave me alone," you whispered, still refusing to meet his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Again, you missed how he stammered over his words. His dark brown eyes gave away his concern, hurt, and confusion.

"You don't have to pretend that you actually care. Go back to Calypso, she definitely needs you."

Suddenly you could feel the warmth radiating from next to you where Leo decided to settle himself. "Look here, you rude lady. Ever since I came back from the dead, you never approached or talked to me. You can't just do that!"

"How could I talk to you when I don't know who you are? The Leo Valdez I know is dead," you stated, sounding bored. "Besides... you did it first."

"What the hell did I do? Talk to me, please?" if not for his voice breaking at the end, you wouldn't tell him anything.

Since he wouldn't obviously leave you alone, you decided to face him, meeting his imploring gaze.

"Well, after you returned, you left with Apollo, and with all that happened; you didn't bother to talk to me at all. That's why I decided—"

"We're not even dating, (Nickname). What's your prob—?"

"Maybe that was the problem!" you shot him daggers. As they say, if glares could hurt, then he would already be beheaded. "I will eventually tell you, fake Leo. But give me time."

"Alright, when?"

You let out a sigh even though you clearly needed more time, you knew him well enough to know that he won't stop pestering you until he gets what he wants.

That was fine with you; after all, you wanted to end everything. "Later after dinner at the lake."

Leo visibly gulped.

Needless to say, you were the daughter of Neptune who chose to stay in Camp Half-Blood for the ease of those in Camp Jupiter.

"Okay, I'll go see Calypso th—" you couldn't hear him any longer when the rain strengthened its force, deafening you in the process.

When you were done with your rain watching, you finally settled back at your cabin. With a novel laid out on the bed right in front of you, you were enjoying the tranquility that—

"(First Name)!" you heard your half-brother calling you.

So much for peace, you thought.