✧ Leo Valdez x Reader v

『 ⇜ ⇜ ⇜ .⋅≜⋅. ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ 』

R e p r e s s

Everything was well or was it... really?

The Second Giant War was over; everything in the camp was back into its normal state. 

But... does it have to include you, too?

The war is over, why the hell are you feeling like this? You thought. You looked over the man who's talking happily with your friends— you sighed, Ah, right. Leo. 

Leo returned to the camp with a beautiful lady named Calypso.

With his usual joking tone, he told everyone how he rescued the damsel-in-distress and all. You could have sworn you saw the lady in question rolling her eyes, probably with the exaggeration of the story. 

But you couldn't bear hearing about it so you left the scene. Thankfully, Leo had his audience's full attention, so no one saw you leaving.

Before all the mess happened, you and Leo were close friends, more than often spending time by each other's side.

But with Calypso around, you decided to forget all of that. After all, you came to fancy Leo but if he got a girlfriend, now that's another story. They are just feelings, right? You believe it can totally go away.

One thing as a child of Hecate, you never run out of things to do. Brewing potions, making sigils and charms, experimenting with different spells, and playing with the Mist. 

For days, you busied yourself with playing around with the potions, never leaving your cabin. 

Although it didn't take long for Leo to seek you out.

You let out a sigh upon seeing the orange light that suddenly came from your sigils and charms. You made them warn you the moment Leo stepped foot on the threshold of the Hecate's cabin.

Coincidentally, you were all alone by yourself in the cabin while the others were at the dining pavilion, having their dinner. 

Hearing his footsteps, you knew he was behind you even without looking, "(First Name)?" 

"Yes, Leo?" 

He fidgeted around, "Well, it's been days since I returned, and..." he hesitated. "I've noticed that we haven't talked yet..."

You wished that you didn't have to be here. You should have worked harder with manipulating the Mist to conceal your presence, but everyone else knew that you never left the cabin hence doing so might cause a stir. 

"Well, sorry 'bout that. I was busy."

"Cooking potions?" he said, his dark brown eyes scanning the table filled with different cauldrons of different effects; one was boiling, the other bubbling, and so on. 

"Concocting potions," you corrected. "I actually made this potion meant to upset one's stomach three days upon consumption. Would you like to give it a try?" you jested, holding the bottle out for him.