✧ Leo Valdez x Reader iii

『 ⇜ ⇜ ⇜ .⋅≜⋅. ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ 』

O u t l o o k

"Why aren't you afraid of me?" these were Leo Valdez's first words to you. Yes, it wasn't a personal introduction or a normal greeting— but then again, what exactly were you expecting from the son of Hephaestus anyway?

It took you a moment to actually form a response to his question. 

But, how did you guys end up here? Well, let's back up right from the start. 

This happened after Jason, Piper, and Leo first arrived at the camp courtesy to Annabeth and Butch. Coincidentally, you weren't around with that mess because you fell asleep in a nearby tree, where a gracious dryad sang you to sleep. Later that night, Leo ventured deep into the woods for solitude.

Back leaning on the tree, you woke up right in time to see a kid around your age– with curly black hair and his darkening brown eyes, walking around with flames in his hand as if doing so was the most natural thing in the world.

That brings us back to his question. What was it again? Something why you weren't afraid of him?

"Seriously? I have worse nightmares about failing chem and math," you gave him a dismissive wave.

That started the fruitful best friendship which blossomed into a real relationship you have with the son of Hephaestus.

Today you were at the Bunker 9 with him, doing nothing in particular but playing around with the creations of the other Hephaestus' kids.

Meanwhile, Leo spent the last three hours working on this strange duck. He was currently staring at it as if waiting for it to start speaking. But of course, you had different plans so you proceeded on distracting him.

"Leooooooooooo!"

"..."

"Damn it, Leo, notice me!" you demanded, punching him in the shoulder.

He blinked repeatedly, "Oh, what is it (First Name)?"

You let out a sigh, "Notice me?"

"Oh, attention. Okaaaaaayy, what do you want to do?"

You shrugged, "What do you want to do?"

Without skipping a beat, he went, "Finish this Siri-Duck I'm working on."

"...Okay, I can wait for another hour or two." Despite your words, it was obvious that you didn't like to wait for even a second longer.

He couldn't help the smile forming on his lips, "You sure?"

You crossed your arms, trying to act indifferent. "Well, that's what you want to do so I'll respect that."

He suddenly burst into laughter while you were dumbfounded. "What's so funny?"

"Alright, come and get your Leo Special Hugs!" Leo said, extending his arms wide, motioning for you to hug him.

With a pout on your lips, you went to him, sitting on his lap as he brought you closer to him by placing his arms around you.

In return, you hugged him back wordlessly. You two stayed still for a minute or two.

"...So? What made you laugh?" you asked, leaning back to create a short distance between you two as you looked up to see him averting his gaze.

"We both know what I want," he suddenly said out of nowhere.

You knew him well enough to see that he was changing the subject on purpose so you decided to humor him, "Yep, the Duck-Siri."

"Siri-Duck," he corrected. "Anyway, what do you want to do?"

You thought for a long moment and when it came to you, you smiled innocently, "Prank Jason?"

Suddenly, Leo carefully untangled himself from you, standing up from the chair you two were sharing to return to his desk, rummaging around the pile.

"What are you up to now?"

It took quite a long for him to respond when he finally found what he was looking for.

...What he held in his hand was a brick.

"Prank Jason it is!"