✧ Leo Valdez x Reader iv

『 ⇜ ⇜ ⇜ .⋅≜⋅. ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ 』

S e a r i n g

You have no idea why this has to happen every single year.

Perhaps it is actually Apollo's fault for being so annoying lately or perhaps the blame could be passed to the human activities that caused the gradual increase in the temperature of the earth's atmosphere. Of course, no one wanted to blame Mr. D who was not around at the moment but the point is—

Nevertheless, you wanted to do nothing but drown yourself on the beach.

Right, why were you lying down lazily around the cabin again? Yes, because it was scorching hot and you wouldn't dare move a muscle. You decided it was smart to snatch back some sleep so you dug your face to your pillow to get some zzzs.

But of course, the fates wouldn't be so kind to you, now would they?

Exactly and that's why, not a moment wasted, the door of your cabin opened and you were graced with the voice of someone you have mixed feelings with.

Under normal circumstances, you would be nothing but happy to see your boyfriend. But under this drastic weather, why would you be happy to invite the sun inside your cabin? Granted, he isn't the sun but his mere presence alone was too warm for you to handle right now.

"(FIRST NAMEEEE)!"

"I don't know you, get out."

"Now, that's rude. Comeeeeee, your beloved boyfriend came for his hugs!" No one other than the son of Hephaestus, Leo Valdez gave you a wink, his arms spread ready for you.

Usually, you'd greet him by tackling him with a hug but not today.

"No."

"No?" he repeated after you, seeing you didn't move an inch. "Why?"

"It's hot, Leo. I can't... I'm a block of melted ice—"

"You're... water? That's not surprising considering you're a daughter of Poseidon..."

"Leooo, shut up."

"I'd go if you would get me my hugs from (First Name)."

"Leo, as much as I love your hugs and cuddling with you but my love, you are hot."

"I know. Thanks."

"No problem, stating the facts here. You have a very warm body temperature, for that to add on the fact that everything's burning right now, I can't hug you," you explained quickly and then flopped your face back down to the pillow. "Goodbye."

But who said Leo would give up that easily?

So he did what you didn't want him to do: sit down near you in your bed. He wasn't even making physical contact with you yet but his body warmth was already radiating off him.

"(First Name)..."

"I envy how you don't get affected by this heat."

"I am heat, love."

"Ughhhh..."

A moment of silence passed, you were still on your bed, face onto the pillow. Without looking at him, you already can see the gears working inside his head, trying to make a plan to get what he wanted.

But you beat him to it before he could suggest anything.

"Love, let's go to the lake!" you said as you forced yourself to sit up.

He watched you with keen eyes, "Are you sure?"

"Well, carry me!"

"Alright, alright."

He carried you all the way to the Canoe Lake only to drop you to the shoreline. Without hesitation, you pulled him with you to the water.

Surprising enough, there wasn't any protest from him. Well, he probably saw this coming since you invited him here.

"Now, we can cuddle all you want," you proudly say as you leaned your chin on his shoulder, hugging him closer.

"While wet," he added flatly.

"Shhhh, don't sweat the small details, love."