chapter two:thunder strangers

Chapter two: thunder strangers

Jac had  sighed as she attempted to work. Key word, attempted. Her mind kept going back to the day's events; she had met two new riders who, like her, could ride like a Factory Pro, one was insanely cute, she was now a Power Ranger, and there were even two new evil Rangers. This was almost exactly like when she was little, while Jason and the others were Rangers, only this time, her big brother wasn't around to save the day. No, this time, it was her saving the day. She wasn't a defenseless child anymore, and it was now her duty to do what Jason and his friends did. Her hand instinctively went up to the purple charm on the necklace around her neck, gripping it with one hand. Almost as if just thinking about it had summoned it, a memory took over Jac's mind.

FLASHBACK

In a room straight from a SyFy movie, a large, light blue head floating in a tube smiled slightly. On a globe across the room, a picture of a boy, about fifteen in age, showed, but that wasn't what made the giant head smile. No, it was the child with the fifteen-year-old, a little girl around the age of seven. The head could sense something in the child, something great. He knew that this child, the kid sister of the boy who he had chosen as the leader, would someday gain the powers of both the winter elements, and follow in her brother's footsteps as a Ranger. A small, red-and-black robot bustled into the room, humming under its breath.

"Oh, Zordon! I didn't know you were watching the Viewing Globe!" the robot exclaimed, surprised.

"Alpha, look at the Viewing Globe; what do you see?" the head, Zordon, asked.

Alpha did as told, and if he could have, he would have smiled. "Oh, that's Jason and his sister, Jacqueline, I think her name is. Yeah, Jacqueline." Alpha nodded his head, as if confirming that he had the name right.

"I can sense something great in the girl, Alpha. While she may be young now, when she is older, I can tell that she will be a great Power Ranger. Just like her brother." Zordon said.

Alpha agreed. Elsewhere, the fifteen-year-old boy and seven-year-old girl that Zordon had been watching were in the park. They were on their way to the Youth Center, as the boy had just picked up the girl from school. The little girl was skipping ahead of her brother happily, her pigtails swinging around, and the sunlight causing the black hair to look almost crimson. The boy smiled; his sister had such an easy life; she was only seven, of course her life was easy! She didn't ever have to worry about monsters, like he did. Hell, she didn't even know that he was a Power Ranger, let alone the leader!

The boy was kind of worried, though; his sister wasn't stupid. While she was only seven, she was also extremely smart for her age. Sure, he had only been a Power Ranger for a month, but he knew that she had seen a few fights on TV. That little girl knew his fighting style, and sense he was always walking around in red clothes, it was likely that she would figure it out soon; if she hadn't already, that is. Suddenly, the girl stopped skipping and turned running back to her brother.

"Jason, Jason!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms up. The boy smiled and picked her up, resting the girl on his hip.

"Yeah, Jacqueline?" the boy, Jason, asked.

"Do you eveh keep secwets fwom me?" she asked; she was unable to pronounce her 'r's, 'th's, and a few other sounds, but Jason still knew what she was saying.

"Secrets? No, why?" Jason tipped his head to the side, pretending to be confused. In truth, he was keeping a secret from her, a big one, but it was for her safety that she didn't know.

"My teacha today was talking about how some people keep secwets fwom oter people, and end up hurting tem. I know you keep secwets, but are any fwom me?" the girl elaborated.

Jason sighed; he knew just from the question that his sister probably had figured it out, and he didn't like lying to her, but he didn't know yet if she really had figured it out. "Well, what secret do you think I'm keeping from you?" He asked her.

"Tat you're a Powah Wangah! But I won't tell!" the girl whispered.

Jason stared at his sister, a blank look on his face. With a sigh, he reached over to his communicator and pressed the teleportation button. He and his sister, in a streak of red, landed in the Command Center a second later. Andrea looked around, a look of awe on her face, before she noticed Zordon.

"Jason, why have you brought this girl here?" Zordon asked upon noticing the girl with the Red ranger.

"She figured it out, Zordon. But Andrea is dependable; she'd never tell anyone. She's known the others sense she was born, they trust her as well," Jason told his mentor, but he still bowed his head in slight shame.

"It is alright, Jason. Dear child, please tell me your name," Zordon said, surprising Jason; he wasn't mad?

"Jacqueline," Jacqueline answered shyly.

"Jacqueline, welcome to the Command Center." Zordon welcomed the girl. Jason let out a sigh of relief; his mentor wasn't mad, and he could continue being a Ranger!

END FLASHBACK

"Hello, is anyone there?" a voice snapped Jac out of her thoughts and she jumped, looking up. Her boss Kelly was standing there, her hands on her hips. "Are you okay? You were totally spaced out for half an hour, there was even an earthquake!" Kelly exclaimed, moving forward to touch the girl's forehead. "Are you feeling alright?"

"I'm fine; just got a lot on my mind, that's all. Hey, where are the others?" Jac asked upon realizing that the Wind Rangers were gone.

"They left right before the earthquake." Kelly said right as the door opened. "Oh, there they are!" she pointed to the three, who had indeed just entered.

"Thanks, Kel," Jac said to her boss before walking over to the three. "Hey, weren't one of you even going to try and get me? What happened?" she asked when she reached them.

"Sorry; there was a new monster. Cam said he tried to reach you but you weren't responding." Shane said to the girl right as two boys walked into the store. Jac sighed as Dustin went to greet the two.

"Sorry Shane, I just have a lot on my mind; must not have heard it going off," Jac apologized.

"Hey, cool, uh, you guys get to meet!" Dustin said as Tori walked over, catching the attention of the three. "Shane, Tori; Hunter and Blake. And you know Jac already," Dustin introduced.

The bradley brothers nodded , blake: yeah at the race track

Jac: yeah

After everything that happen when cam.couldn't build her a bike

Jac smiled at herself, but feeling eyes on her, she looked up. Right at the top of the hill, were the Navy and Crimson Rangers. She felt the Crimson Ranger's eyes on her, and something about him seemed weird to her; opening her mouth to warn the Wind Rangers, she could only close it when the two Thunder Rangers disappeared.

"Hey, you alright?" Dustin asked, coming up from behind her.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Thought I saw something, but it was nothing. Let's get riding!" Jac said to the Yellow Earth Ranger.

Dustin nodded, and the other two Wind Rangers appeared. The four took off down the track, but not before Jac took one last glance at the hill where the Thunder Rangers had just been standing. What in the Hell?

Could she prove that something was wrong with hunter and blake.