chapter three:learning of the.deception

Chapter 3: Learning of the Deception

Blue Bay Beach

The beach was so crowded with people, which was kind of unusual. So, the two girls of the Power Ranger team, Tori and Jac, decided to go somewhere else. They both held a surfboard under their arms and passed Hunter and Blake, but neither of them paid either of the boys any attention. Tori was teaching Jac how to surf, so both donned wetsuits over their swimsuits, the top part not on the whole way for Tori's and Jac no longer wearing her wetsuit at all.

"Hey!" they heard Blake say, making both stop. "What, no hello?"

Tori turned and smiled when she saw Blake. "Sorry; my mind's, somewhere else." Jac held back a snort, causing Tori to elbow her in the side and force her to turn and face the boys.

"Sorry. Hey, guys," Jac said, offering a small smile.

"Yeah, rough day," Blake said sympathetically.

"Yeah." The two both looked down, and Jac sighed quietly. Hunter heard her and looked at her in confusion; she rolled her eyes and he looked away. "Hey uh, thanks again; for helping me out, there," Tori said, looking back up. After crashing the Zords, Hunter and Blake had been the ones to find them.

"Hey yeah, uh, listen; don't mention it. Anytime" Blake said while Hunter stood right behind him giving him an 'are-you-kidding-me' look. He then winked at Jac, which made her look down, giggling slightly.

"I'll keep that in mind," Tori stated.

"Yeah, gotta keep my sister from another mister all safe and such," Jac teased & being annoying to tori.

"Jac!" Tori exclaimed, glaring at her friend. Jac put her hands up in a surrender kind of way, but the teasing glint stayed in her light green eyes.

"Cool," Blake said, chuckling slightly at the girl.

"So, I'll catch you later," Tori stated rather than asked.

"Yeah, sure thing," Blake said while Hunter started to smile, trying his hardest not to laugh.

"Bye, guys," Jac said and she and Tori went to Tori's car. "'So I'll catch you later?' Tori, I thought I taught you better," she teased when they reached the van.

Tori rolled her eyes. "Me? Please, you kept looking at Hunter and laughing." She stated, an annoyed sound in her voice but a teasing glint in her eyes. Jac rolled her eyes and shook her head, smiling and blushing. "Whatever. I'm going back out for another wave, but then we can go," Tori said. She left her morpher in the van, not wanting the device to get water-logged.

"Okay. See ya," Jac said, getting into the van and changing. Tori ran out to the water, but just as she was about to start paddling out, all the water disappeared. Jac ran over, bewildered.

"Hey, where'd the water go?" Jac asked, looking around as other people walked out to where the water used to be. But then, a weird, frog-looking monster jumped down, and Jac grabbed Tori's arm. "Tori, uh, we have a problem," Jac said.

"What?" Tori turned while everyone else at the beach ran off. "What is that?" she exclaimed upon seeing the creature.

"Oh look! Some Rangers!" the monster exclaimed as everyone ran from the beach. Tori and Jac both got into defensive positions, Jac the only one actually wearing her morpher. "How convenient! Time to make a splash!" Looking around, both girls realized that everyone had run, and went for their morphers.

"Ninja Storm! Ranger-" Tori stopped, realizing that she didn't have her morpher with her.

"Winter Storm! Ranger Form! Ha! Element Power, winter!" Jac yelled, as she had her morpher. Her white Ranger uniform covered her, but the monster only laughed, not intimidated as saying what can you do that would scare me.