chapter fourteen:brothers in arms

Chapter 14: Brothers in Arms

An:// still only doing 15 chapters

Motocross Tracks

Watching Hunter race was something that jac had quickly started to love sense she started dating the Crimson Ranger. Add Dustin and Blake to the mix, and it was a good time that jac would always enjoy. Plus, it took her mind off of things that had been happening. At one point soon after Danny was rescued, Cam had somehow switched Shane and his father, putting Shane in Sensei's body and Sensei in Shane's. When he tried to fix it, he ended up putting Shane back into his own body, but Sensei went to Dustin's body and Dustin went to Sensei's body. He did eventually get them switched back… But jac had had to call Billy to get some help. And then a week later, Dustin had chased some robbers from Storm Chargers, and because of the news stories printed about it, he got a real ego for a few days. Luckily, that was all fixed.

Jac's mind wandered to the rescue, and thought it extremely lucky that Danny didn't even remember it. She figured that maybe the laser Lothor had fired hit him just before jac reached him, but it wasn't on him long enough to erase anything more than the incident. That was lucky for her, as Jason would have been furious if he found out his son's memory had been erased, even if it was a terrifying experience that was erased.

The dark-haired girl shook her head, taking Kelly's attention from the stopwatch around her neck. The red-head looked at the girl beside her, the girl she had made her assistant manager after her uncle Ernie spoke so highly of her. Of course, she didn't actually promote her until jac had proved herself a good employee.

"Are you alright?" Kelly asked with a worried tone in her voice.

"Hm?" jac looked up, not realizing that she had been staring into space. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine, just thinking."

Kelly went to pry more when something on the track caught the attention of the two young women. It had been a spark in Hunter's bike, causing him to fall behind. Blake flew through the finish line as Hunter came up behind him, pushing his bike, which had smoke coming from the engine; it had blown. Blake joined him as Kelly ran over with jac on her heels.

"Come on!" Kelly ordered right before she ran over, "Sounded like the top end!"

Hunter took off his helmet, a frustrated look on his face, "I let go on the last straight," he explained.

"Think you could rebuild it before the next Moto?" Kelly asked in concern. Her eyebrows were furrowed, and a frown was dominated on her face.

"No way," Hunter shook his head, an edge of sadness in his voice, "I've never done a full engine fix in less than five hours before."

Kelly sighed and turned to jac, "jac could you? You've done full engine fixes before," she said.

Jac glanced at the engine of the bike, and took a deep breath, "Kelly, you know as well as I do that I've only ever done one full engine fix before, and it took me six hours and about ten calls to Tommy," she said, crossing her arms over her chest and she shook her head, "I'm sorry Hunter, but there's no way I can do it; not without possibly messing up the engine even more."

Kelly sighed again and looked at the two boys in front of her, "I'm telling you guys, if you want to go pro, then you really need to find someone who can take care of your bikes," she said.

"There's not a mechanic in the world that could fix this in enough time," Blake said. He lifted up the front of Hunter's bike, inspecting it for any more damage.

The two young women both sighed, looking down slightly. "Look, I can try to fix it, but I'm not promising that I'll be able to get it done in time, or that I won't accidently make it worse." jac said. "The only reason it took six hours last time was because it was my first time doing that, and Tommy is good with race car engines, not motocross bike engines. That, and it was my bike; I'd rather mess up on my own bike than yours," she explained.