Sleepover (Pre-War)

Bucky groggily woke up and yawned quietly. He brushed his hair out of his eyes while he laid on his side and opened his eyes. The night before, he invited Steve over to spend the night, have couple drinks, and play some card games, nothing out of the ordinary. They did this every Friday after they got off from work. It was just that Bucky started to feel different. Every time Steve talked to him, or was just around him, he thought of him differently. He didn't know what changed, and he couldn't figure it out. He just felt, well, closer. They had known each other for so long, he didn't know why all of a sudden he felt differently about him.
     As he rolled over, Steve was on the other side of the bed, extremely close.
Oh jeez. He thought. Steve looked so peaceful and small, it was quite cute to him. Cute? What the fuck am I thinking? He squinted his eyes as if he had confused himself. He looked at him again as he softly breathed in a slumber. He couldn't pinpoint why he thought this way about him all of a sudden. Maybe he had always felt like this. He didn't know why, and he hated it. He felt curiosity and temptation overwhelm him. Steve's face looked so gentle. He reached his hand forward to touch his face, but Steve slightly moved, causing him to retreat his arm back swiftly. Steve began to sleep again, and he stretched his warm hand once more to see if he could touch him.
Hopefully this doesn't end up bad. Finally, he placed his hand gently around his cheek and jaw. His skin was soft like dandelion fluff and silk. He skimmed his thumb over his plump pink lips and breathed in.
Wow. He would imagine his face, anyone's face really, to be much more rough, but instead it was so smooth and silky. His hands felt nice on his face. He looked up and saw his messy bed head. It was so cute, he wanted to ruffle it up even more if he could.
Why am I doing this? He thought. He didn't know, but he couldn't stop. His hand slid down and cupped around Steve's neck, and his thumb slipped onto his jaw.
You really are quite the specimen. He had no words for how he was feeling. He could just make out a few things.
Ever so quietly, he said under his breath, "I think I'm in love with you." He immediately regretted saying it, in fear that Steve may have heard him. Steve's hand slid up from the blanket, and as Bucky pulled his hand back, Steve grabbed it and put it back.
"I think I'm in love with you, too." He opened his eyes and displayed the bright blue hues and colors within them. He sat up and his shirtless, bony chest shivered.
"And... I mean it." He leaned down and placed a hand on Bucky's chest for stability, and placed a tender kiss on his cheek. As Steve pulled away, he could see Bucky's face turn slightly pink as he shone a confused look. He didn't know what to do. He sat upward and rolled over, pushing Steve onto the bed and wrapping his hands around Steve's ribs.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Bucky asked as if disoriented.
"I didn't know you felt the same way... and I was scared." Bucky reached his head down and kissed Steve's neck and cheek intensely.

" Bucky reached his head down and kissed Steve's neck and cheek intensely

(not my art)
"Oh my god," he lifted his head. "I love you, Steve."
Steve held Bucky's face.
"I love you, too."