Modelling (pre-war)

*not really smut, but there's a couple of sexual things I guess??
ViEwEr DiSgReSsIoN iS aDvIsEd *DUN DUN*

Steve fixed his hair, nervously brushing it to the side, then sighing and swiping it back over to the other. No, no, no! He's gonna be here any minute now! He finally said, "Screw it," and brushed his hair back with his hand, and walked out of the bathroom. As he paced to the living room, he felt himself begin to fall short of breath, scrambling over to his DeVilbiss Nebulizer (basically an inhaler from the 1930s) and squeezing the pump at the bottom, getting a bit of breath back. He coughed and set it back down. Suddenly, he heard a strong knock at his door. He glanced at the mirror across the room, fixing his hair one more time before he opened the door. He inhaled, then opened the door casually.
"H-hey, Buck!" Bucky grin shifted to the side of his mouth as he lifted his chin up a little.
"Hey, Stevie," he said slowly. He walked in the door, and Steve shut it behind him. He placed his jacket on top of a one of the dining table chairs and stretched his arms upwards.
"Alright. So do you wanna get started right now or...?"
"Oh, um, well you might wanna take a shower first since you've been at work all day." Steve smiled awkwardly.
"Okay!" Bucky kicked off his shoes, grabbed a towel from the closet, then walked to the bathroom, leaving Steve by himself. He bit his lip and sat onto the couch, covering his face with his hands.
Steve had been planning to ask him for a while to help him with one of his projects in art class by being his muse. He had finally gotten enough courage to ask him, but he had literally asked him in the most awkward way possible: "Hey, so do you wanna, like, be a nude model for me for my new art project... or something?" He turned red at how embarrassingly awkward he had been when he asked. He found a bright side to it though; he did get to see Bucky naked. He facepalmed at how stupid he felt. He felt himself get hard at the though of Bucky... in his living room... naked. Ugh, my god, Steven! He scolded at himself. A few minutes later, Bucky walked out with a towel around his waist, the top of his pelvis peeking out. He immediately stood up and grabbed his sketch paper and a pencil.
     "Hey, hey, hey. Slow down, Steve! Do you want to like, I don't know, do my hair or something?" He contemplated what to do. Play around with Bucky's hair and have him suspect that I like him that way, or have it natural like Ms. DeFiani wanted? Natural and messy it is.
     "I think we should just leave it how it is. Sweep it to the side a bit or something, that's how my teacher wanted it." Bucky reached up and slicked his hair back, and a tiny piece flung back out and curled in front of his forehead.
     "Alright, I'm gonna call it good." Steve nodded and placed his drawing supplies down.
     "Uh, I just gotta move a few things around, pal," he picked up an end table with his scrawny arms and placed it in the center of the room, then grabbed a dining chair and placed it a few feet away from the end table.
     "Sure, that should be good," he looked at Bucky. "So you're comfortable with my teacher seeing this sketch, right? And possibly my class if she likes it." Bucky raised and eyebrow and made a cocky smile.
     "Well, it's not like I got anythin' to hide," he chuckled. "I'll be fun, I like it when you sketch me." Steve immediately thought about the sketches that he had drawn while Bucky had spent the night and was fast asleep. He felt kinda weird about drawing Bucky while he was sleeping, but he loved the way he looked so peaceful while he slept. He couldn't help but draw a quick sketch to capture the moment.
     "Alright... lets get started." Bucky opened a nearby window that faced both of them, and pushed the curtains aside to let the light in.
     "Is that good enough for ya, Stevie?" Steve looked up from his notebook and saw Bucky's wet, caramel colored hair, the subtle light coming in and caressing Bucky's curves. His mouth slightly opened at the lovely sight.
     "Uh, yeah, that should be good." Steve looked back down and sighed as he searched for a blank piece of sketch paper. Bucky watched as he scrambled to find a new page. Finally, Steve found a piece. He sat down on a nearby stool close to the counter, meanwhile Bucky took off the towel and sat down onto the chair. Steve's eyes widened, then shook his head to snap out of it.
     "How do y'want me to pose?" Steve looked down and covered his face.
     "Put your leg and arm up, or something." Bucky sighed.
     "How? Just come over 'n help me out." Steve stood up and cleared his throat.
"Okay," he said quietly in a shaky voice. He walked over to him, and Bucky looked up and grinned a cheeky smile.
"Alright, show me what to do."
"So like, what do-"
"Goddamn it, Steve. Just position my limbs how you want."
"Okay, okay!" Steve softly grabbed Bucky's leg, sighing. He positioned a leg bent up, the other foot resting on the floor. He moved his arms, making his position look that of a Ancient Greek statue. He finally caressed Bucky's face and gently moved it towards the window, feeling his plams get sweaty and quickly letting go.
     "Okay, that should be good." He sat back down and wiped his sweaty hands on his blue trousers. He looked up and shifted his chair, finally getting a good enough view and began to sketch. He would only glance up to see Bucky, as he didn't want him to get suspicious of anything.
"So how're you doin' in art class, Steve?"
"Fine," he mumbled, trying to focus. Bucky smirked.
     "Define 'fine'."
     "Bucky."
     "What?"
     "Are you gonna let me work or not? I will gladly find another model." He lied. Bucky chuckled.
     "Where the hell would you find another model?"
Steve looked up and squinted his eyes angrily. Bucky made a side smirk, which instantly melted Steve's expression.
"Stay like that," Steve demanded.
"Like what?" Steve rapidly erased the paper to start again.
"Keep looking over at me, and keep smirking." A smile rose back up on his face as he continued posing.
"Okay," Steve looked up as he spoke. "Just stay like that and we'll be good." He cleared his throat and looked back down.
"So you meet any smokin' dames recently?" Steve balled his fist with the sketch pencil. He angrily replied, "I'm not interested in liking any more people than one at the moment!" Bucky raised a brow and crossed his arms, making Steve drop his head in frustration and realization that he actually confessed to liking someone. Here comes the prying.
"Tell me about this lucky lady, huh?" Steve brought his head back up and glared at him. Softly, he spoke:
     "Can you *sigh* please just let me work?" Bucky squinted his eyes and smirked more.
"Nah, it's much more fun being difficult." Steve furrowed his brow in irritation. Bucky smirked.
     "You little shit." Bucky smiled more.
     "Ok, how about we make a deal?" Bucky suggested. Steve placed down his pencil and sketchbook, crossing his arms after, his face still red from Bucky's nude body.
     "Does this deal involve me getting my work done?"
     "Only if you oblige." Steve's head fell back.
     "Fine. What's the deal?" Bucky thought for a moment and hummed.
     "I get to ask questions about this little crush of yours while you draw my body, then, as soon as you finish my body, I'll shut up so you can draw my gorgeous face. Sound good?" Steve rolled his eyes while picking up his drawing tools.
     "Ah, don't flatter yourself, buddy," he stated, a bit of crimson growing on his face. "Fine. Let's start." Bucky went back into his position from before, every muscle staying still except for the ones in his face.
     "Tell me about her features. Eyes, hair, etc." Steve huffed.
     "Well," he said. "She's... I meet her at the pool every once in a while in the Summer while it's still hot, and the way her hair looks when it gets wet, it just... I drives me wild!" He confessed. Bucky chuckled.
     "Describe it." Steve thought.
     "After we dry off, it gets these curls that really just, get me goin'. In the Sun it looks so beautiful, like... like it's laced with caramel and Autumn leaves. Don't even get me started on her eyes..."
     "Oh please do tell," Bucky smirked. Steve looked away and smiled, then came back to his sketch paper to continue.
     "They've got this thing, it's hard to describe. Like they, they have layers almost. Waves maybe, like the ocean. They're so pretty, I have to stop myself from getting submerged in them every time I look at her. They have every shade of blue you can think of: bluebell and indigo to azure and cobalt... they're lovely. They go so well with her hair and her skin," Bucky watched the blush appear on Steve's face.
     "Okay, now tell me about her."
     "Just a second," Steve finished drawing Bucky's legs before moving on to his upper body. "Okay, what did ya wanna hear?"
     "Tell me about her. Not just how she looks, but what she's like." Steve couldn't contain the smile that creeped up on his face. He spoke slowly
     "She just... everything about her is amazing. She makes me laugh harder than anybody else, until I'm crying and gasping for air!" Bucky laughed. "She's tough, and stubborn, but she's also laid back and so fun to be around. But she's always got people all over her, I have no clue why she still stays around me." His smile turned into a slight frown. "I'm no good." Bucky shook his head and furrowed his brow.
     "Why do you say that?! What makes you think that?" Steve swallowed before continuing to speak.     
     "She'll never take interest in me. She's never even showed any." Bucky shook his head in a panic.
     "But you don't know that Steve! You don't know that...," there was a silence.
     "I'm done... I need to draw your face." Bucky frowned.
     "Okay." He stopped talking and stared right into Steve's eyes. Steve looked at those ocean eyes, he felt himself get submerged, but forced himself to pull himself out and began to draw once more. For about 20 minutes, he sketched in silence.
     "Alright, I'm done." Bucky stood up and wrapped himself in the towel that he had thrown to the side earlier.
     "May I see it?" Steve waved for Bucky to come to his side, which he did. Bucky took one look at the drawing, then snatched it up from Steve's hand to set it down.
    "What are you doing, Bucky?!" Bucky swept up Steve, lifting him up.
     "It looks amazing! I don't get how you're so good at drawing..." he set Steve's feet back on the floor and exhaled. "I think I'm gonna go get dressed." He walked off to the bathroom. Butterflies filled Steve's stomach. What the hell... A couple of minutes later, Bucky walked back out fully dressed. He scratched the back of his head.
     "Hopefully your teacher likes it," he chuckled.
     "Oh I'm sure she will," Steve laughed back. Bucky pointed to the door.
     "I should probably get home, my ma wanted me to pick up some groceries and I still haven't bought 'em." Steve nodded and looked away.
     "Hey," Bucky said. "Don't be afraid to tell her how you feel. I... I think she likes you back. You just gotta be bold."
     "Really?" Steve asked.
     "I'm sure of it." He smiled. He patted Steve on the shoulder before going to door. He turned back to say one more thing. "Be bold, Steve." He shut the door behind himself. Steve felt his heart sink to the floor.
Be bold.
     "Wait!" Steve slammed open the door and ran downstairs to the street. Bucky turned around and raised an eyebrow and smirked.
     "What, did I forget something?"
     "No, I just..." Steve embraced him in a tight hug. Bucky was hesitant to wrap his arms around him in return, but did it anyways.
     "You okay?" He asked. Steve let go.
     "Yeah, I just wanted to tell you to say hi to the family, and.. I love you, okay?"
     "Okay," he smiled. "I'll do that... I love you too. See ya." Steve felt a bit of pressure release off of him as Bucky turned back away and began to walk down the street once more.
     Maybe I should be bold more often.

(*note: sorry for being gone for so long! I've been really busy. Hopefully this chapter is alright lol :))