31

Jennie's POV —a few hours later—
"Why does he sleep like all the time?" Jack asks and I shrug with a mouth full of food. I'm eating in n out. Mollie was so kinda enough to go get me some.
"He was jut born a few hours ago. What do you want him to do? Start walking?" I ask and he nods. I laugh and shake my head.
"Have you thought of a way to announce to everyone about the baby?" I ask him, taking a drink of my soda. He shakes his head
"I have no idea. And I know it's gonna get out soon. Like there could be paps outside of the hospital right now so I need to tell everyone I know that for sure." He says
"Well I could do it. I think I'll just post a picture of him." I say and he nods
"Ok. You do it then." He says and I laugh. Lincoln starts to stir in his little crud thing. I look at Jack. He sighs and gets up and walks to it, picking him up out of it.
"Do you think he'll stay dark headed?" Jack asks sitting down with the baby.
"I hope so. I don't want him to be blonde." I say and he laughs.
"He's gonna start screaming his lungs off, I bet you." I say. As if on cue, he fusses and then starts to cry.
"It's times like this I wish you had tits." I say to Jack and he laughs standing up and walking to me. I decided to breast feed Lincoln. I heard it was better for them. I grab a little blanket and Jack sets Lincoln in my arms. I then adjust him and he starts to eat. I toss the blanket over my shoulder and then continue to eat.
"Eating while the baby eats. Parenting 101." Jack says and I laugh
"I hungry. I like haven't eaten in hours." I say and he smiles shaking his head. There's a knock on the door and Jack gets up and walks to it, opening it up to reveal our moms holding a few gift bags.
"Mother." I say and she laughs
"We just wanted to give you guys a few things now that we know what it is." She says as her and Kathrine set the stuff down by the rocking chair. I shake my head
"This child is gonna be spoiled." I say
"Yes he will be. Because we love him so much." She says sitting down in one of the chairs. Kathrine sits down in the rocking chair.
"Molly and Laura are headed this way." She says and I nod.
"Why? They're gonna be annoying." Jack says and Kathrine laughs.
"They wanna see their nephew that's why." She says and I smile looking at jack.
"Quit being a butt." I say and he looks at me. He tries to stay serious but smiles.
"Fine." He says and I laugh.
"How have you guys been adjusting?" My mom asks.
"Good. We think we got his feedings down, like every two hours or so. He sleeps for about an hour after I feed him and then he'll just stay awake once he wakes up. And we change his diaper like every hour or so." I say and she nods.
"I burp." Jack says raising his hands. I laugh and shake my head.
"And most of the times I change his diaper cause she doesn't wanna get up." He says and points to me.
"I can't get up Jack." I say laughing. He rolls his eyes and makes a face.
"The girls are here. I'll be right back." Kathrine says getting up. She walks to the door and then walks out closing it. I peak under the blanket and see that Lincoln is dosing off.
"Here mr. burper." I say pulling my bra up and taking the blanket off and then handing Lincoln to Jack. There's a knock on the door and then it opens. In walks my doctor. She smiles
"How are you feeling Jennie?" She asks looking at me
"Good. A little tired but other then that good." I say and she nods.
"Alright. And has he been eating?" She asks and I nod.
"He latches almost immediately." I say and she nods and writes a few things down on her clipboard
"Ok. Any pains in your stomach? Any throwing up?" She asks and I shake my head
"No. Just sore." I say and she nods
"You will be for a few days. Take it easy. Don't do any heavy lifting. And for him." She says pointing to the baby.
"If he's having trouble sleeping, you can get a rag and wet it with warm water. Ring it out and put it on his stomach. That will calm him down and have the feeling as if he's laying on your chest." She says and I nod.
"Nurses will be in and out checking on you and the baby." She says and I nod.
"What's his name?" She asks walking over to Jack and smiling at the baby
"Lincoln Noah Gilinsky." I say
"Such a cute name." She says and I smile.
"Alright. I'll leave you guys be. Congratulations again." She says. We smile and thank her. I lay my head back as she walks out. Sleep takes over my body and before I know it, I'm out.