Chapter Four

A few weeks later...

I woke to a loud purr going into my ear. I open my eyes and look to my right to see my pet cat sleeping peacefully. I get up slowly and silently trying not to wake him, which works. I turn on my light then walk out of my room to slip into the bathroom quietly, being the only one up and not wanting to wake my family. After I close the door, I strip down my red pj shorts, take off my tank top, and take out my hair from the night before. I walk over to the shower and let it run until its warm and walk in. I wash my hair with strawberry shampoo and my body with warm vanilla shower gel. I do the rest of my morning routine then return to my room.

As I open the door, I hear Mario (my cat) meow. I look at him as I close my door and giggle, he already had my outfit picked out. He sat next to the pile of clothing proudly, expecting a treat. With my towel still on, I walk over to my stereo to turn on my music and then turn to where I kept cat treats. Mario stood with his fat body as he saw I grabbed two fish gummies.

"Listen cat, you need to sit your butt down." I say as I walk to him and give him the fish gummies. "I'm going to get ready now."

"Meowwww", he states.
"Mhmm." I let my towel drop as I grab my matching light pink bra and thong. After I put those on, I put my favorite, tight fitting, ripped blue skinny jeans on, a black cropped hoodie, and black and white converse. With my hair shorter, I couldn't really do anything with it, so I just blow dried it and kept getting ready, I finished my makeup and some accessories. Smiling at my outfit, I grabbed my already packed bag and left my room. Breakfast went by, I said 'see ya' to my brother and dad and headed to school.

"Hey babe!" I said smiling as I walked up to Jayce.

"Oh, hey", He said not making eye contact.

"You okay..?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said turning from me.

'No your not...' I growled and pulled him away from people that were starting to go into the school.

"What's wrong Jayce? We just talked on the phone last night and we were happy and laughing." I studied his face. He looked guilty. "What happened? Did something happen?"

"No, listen Raye..." He paused, hurt and sadness washed over his brown eyes. "I... We... We need to talk..."

"Okay, I'm here baby, we can talk," I say rubbing his arm. He looks at me scared to say whatever he was going to say.

"Listen. I love you, Raye." He said slowly.

"I love you too Jayce-"

"But not the way you love me." He finished.

"..what.," I whispered out... He walked over to a ledge and sat down, he pulled me to where I stood between his legs and he held my hands, studying them trying to find the right thing to say.

"I don't love you the way you love me, not anymore at least. After... After you found your mate, seeing the hurt that I caused between your wolves. I just... and after everything I've done to you, you deserve better. I don't want to lie in this relationship more than I already have. You don't deserve that." He said as his voice cracked. Jayce looked up at me, tears in both of our eyes. "I'm so sorry Raye... But our relationship is over..." He said finally.

"I...I...What did I do wrong!?" I said out loud.

"Raye you didn't do anything wrong, I promise you!" Jayce said standing up and pulling me in. "You deserve to be happy. With your mate, even if it's not right now."

I didn't know what to say or do but wrap my arms around his torso and cry. Jayce pulled me in closer and kept whispering 'I'm so sorry', and 'It will be okay, I promise'. We heard the bell ring after what felt like forever and we slowly pulled away. I looked up at his puffy eyes as I realize he was crying too. I walk up to him and kiss him one last time.