Chapter 2

~Daniel POV~

I woke up to my mom tapping my shoulder.

"What?" I said, my eyes still closed.

"You have to get up, you guys have school" She whispered.

Why did she have to care now. Out of all of the times I wanted her to care she decides to interrupt me now when I feel....safe.

I only nodded at her and she left, telling my dad to hurry up.

I looked down to see Jack still sleeping.

I sat there for a few minutes admiring my best friend who ive secretly had a crush on for years.

His eye lashes fluttered a bit before he tightened his grip around me and snuggled deeper into my chest.

I couldn't help but smile.

He looked up at me and spoke so softly, I could barely hear him.

"Hey Dani, wanna get some food on the way to school?"

I groaned at the mention of school and he laughed at me before standing up.

I whimpered slightly, already missing his warmth.

He stood up and went to my closet throwing on one of ny hoodies before grabbing Jeans from my closet and throwing then at me. He then grabbed a hoodie and handed it to me.

"Get dressed, ill meet you downstairs in a few"

And with that he left the room.

I changed my clothes and made my way down the steps slowly but surely.

We got in the car and decided to just stop at taco bell because he loves their crunchwraps.

I handed him his food and once we stopped at a stop light I turned my head to look at him. He had the sauce running out of his mouth slightly and he was definitely enjoying it.

I laughed at him and wiped it off with my thumb, sticking it in ny mouth.

He laughed and I rolled my eyes playfully.

Once we finally got to school, we got out of the car and I walked over to the other side.

Jack intertwined our hands together, I gave him a reassuring smile because I knew he was scared about the bruised lip and if people would ask questions.

People were used to us holding hands considering we've alway done it, ever since we met on the first day.

I loved when he held my hand walking through the hall, everyone would stare at me. Jack was very well known, he was a very social popular kid. Me on the other hand, only opened up to a few people, Jack being one of them.

A lot of people hated me because Jack was always with me, but hes my best friend and im his, what can i say?

He walked with me to my first class and I hugged him tightly.

"Dont get in another fight, okay Jack?"

"Okay Dani ill try"

I smiled and walked in my first period class, remembering how the week before Jack had gotten in a fight with some guy named Logan for picking on me. Logan was just joking around and apologized to me afterwards even though I didnt hear him say anything.

Jack was over protective but I liked it.

~Time skippy~

I made my way to the lunch room and sat at me and Jack's table, putting my head down waiting for him to join me.

He soon sat down and spoke up with a worried tone.

"Why aren't you eating? Did something happen?"

"Im so tired of people Jacky" I replied sitting my head up.

He pulled a granola bar out of his backpack before handing it to me.

"Eat"

I did ad he told and ate the granola bar. I layed my head back on the table, remembering what they had said in the class before. I felt my eyes sting and I sniffled softly hoping Jack wouldn't hear because I didnt wanna explain it to him and have him hear those awful things they said about me.

But he did.

He immediately stood up and crouched down beside me, rubbing my back.

"Hey, hey Dani what happened?"

I started sobbing at this point, taking in deep breaths as I tried to hold it back.

That's when he picked me up like a baby and carried me out the school with everyone staring.

He set me down in his car, standing beside the passenger seat talking to me but I couldn't hear anything he was saying.

I was violently gasping for air, with tears flowing down my cheeks.

I was having an anxiety attack.

I needed to calm down. My vision was blurry but everything was spinning.

Jack was yelling but I couldn't make out anything he was saying.

Then he grabbed my face and kissed me.

I instantly calmed and kissed back for a second before we both pulled away.

"I um im sorry, you weren't listening, I didnt know what else to do. You weren't breathing and I-"

I pulled him by the collar and slammed my lips onto his.

"God you have no idea how long ive wanted to do that" I said smiling

"You have no idea how long ive wanted you to do that" He spoke, chuckling at the end.