Chapter Five

Kyle's POV:

~Later that night~

I rolled over to face Stan, his sleeping features resembled that of a child's, peaceful, calm, safe. I thought about the event that occurred earlier. Not that I regret it, no. I definitely don't, but, I didn't know if Stan really liked me in that way.

"Kyle," Stan mumbled.

"Stan, you're awake?"

Stan smiled, wrapping his arms around me. "Je t'aime." He whispered, nuzzling his face into my side.

I smiled, running my hand through his hair. "je t'aime aussi, mon amour." I whispered before I drifted off into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~Morning~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly opened my eyes and rolled over, wrapping my arms around Stan, inhaling his scent.

"Morning," I sighed, staring up at him.

"Bonjour beauté." He smiled, kissing my temple.

"Where'd you learn to speak like that?" I giggled.

"I could ask you the same thing, Madame." He reached towards my hair but I lightly smacked his hand away.

"Don't call me that, my mom has me practice it from time to time, and how did you know that?"

"You curse under your breath sometimes, also, I heard what you said last night, I was messing around with you." He leaned down, pressing his lips to mine. "Though, it's nice to know that you feel the same way, amoureux." He mumbled against my lips.

I caressed his cheek with my thumb softly, admiring his dark, blue eyes. I pressed my forehead onto his and closed my eyes that were burning from the tears that dared to fall.

"What's wrong, Kyle?" He whispered.

"I just love you so much," I choked out. "I can't believe it took us this long to say something."

"Kyle, I've always known I loved you, I had a feeling you felt the same way, but, I was still scared." He mumbled as he played with my curls. "I guess I didn't wanna lose the only person I had left, I couldn't just tell you and ruin everything."

"I wouldn't just throw 15 years of friendship away Stan," I opened my eyes. "And I don't regret what happened last night, as a matter of fact, I loved every fucking second of it."

Stan's eyes started at the top of my head and slowly trailed down to my sock-clad toes.

"You're perfect, Kyle." He murmured, slipping under me and laying my head on his chest.

"Try to go back to sleep, It's 6:37am." He whispered, running his fingers through my hair.

"But I don't wanna sleep, I usually get up this early anyway." I protested.

"Kyle," Stan warned.

"Fine."

He continued to run his hands through my mop of hair, as I fell asleep almost automatically.

Stan's POV:

I stared at Kyle's features as his room lit up by the slightly rising sun. Kyle's wildly curly hair danced around due to the window being open and the breeze coming through as his rosy cheeks reflected the sun light while his freckles resembled stars. They dusted his face ever so lightly, some darker than others, though all of them held the same amount of beauty.