1

MADELINE'S POV

another day in hell. great.

I'm so over this school shit, you don't even know. It's my senior year and I can't believe it's my last year. but I can't wait to get out of here either. without my best friends by my side I wouldn't have been able to make it this far. ethan and grayson. those two idiots are my life. they've been by my side since my first day of kindergarten. grayson spilled his juice all over my perfectly colored unicorn. being the brat I was (and still am), I screamed and hated him for a good day. the next day at recess, I met his twin ethan who pushed me off the monkey bars. in apology, he picked me a white and yellow flower growing on the near by ground.

like I said, idiots. but I grew to love them and we were inseparable. we grew up doing everything together. and still do. as for today, I'm sitting at their house before school.

"madeline, what the hell are you wearing?" grayson laughed coming around the corner to see me sitting on the stairs.

"what? I look great." I said throwing up my hands in defense.

he laughed again and shook his head. "you're a dork."

ethan came running down the stairs behind me, his backpack hung on one of his shoulders.

"hey mads, nice outfit." he chuckled.

what's wrong with my outfit?!

rolling my eyes, I picked up my backpack and follow the boys out the front door. we all piled into ethan's black jeep and began descending to hell.
_________

the bell rang, signaling I was late to 4th period. fuck.

I slammed my locker and ran to photography class. I swung open the door labeled 105, panting.

"ms. violet, you're late." mrs. grahm said with her glasses on the bridge of her freckled nose, eyes narrowing into mine.

"I know I'm sorry. I guess I lost track of time." I laughed nervously.

"okay, well have a seat next to mr dolan and pay attention." she said standing up from her wooden desk.

I sighed as I walked to the two-person table, and sat next to ethan.

"you're late." he smirked.

"no shit, sherlock." I shot back.

laughing at me, he turned his attention to our teacher. as did I.

"okay class, today we'll be starting a new unit. please get out your notebooks and prepare to take notes. today we're learning about exposures and contrasts."

I grabbed out my notes and wrote down everything I believed was necessary. honestly, I pretty much already knew everything. photography was a huge hobby of mine and always has been. I only took this class because I knew that it would be easy for me. oops?

I listened for another good 20 minutes and before I knew it there were only 5 minutes left of class.

"okay, I will be giving you all a partner and a camera. you will be assigned a destination to take photos, and put what you just learned to use. the person you're sitting next to is your partner. today is friday, so you have until monday to complete your assignment."

the class groaned at the thought of weekend homework, but I was excited. I loved taking photos. it's not like it's a sheet of pre cal homework over the weekend.

mrs. grahm went to each desk, assigning everyone a destination. she got to mine and ethan's desk and began speaking while looking down at the paper attached to her clipboard.

"ethan, madeline, you guys are assigned to the field over behind the old elementary school. will this be an issue or will you be able to make it there?" she looked up at us from the top of her thin glasses.

"we can make it. I'll drive us there." ethan smiles at her, then me.

mrs grahm looks back at her paper and draws what appears to be a check mark. "great, I expect it to be amazing." she says, looking at me before walking away.

the bell rang signaling we had 5 minutes to get to 5th period. I walked out of the class with ethan at my side.

"you know that field we have to go to this weekend?" he asked while holding onto his book bag straps.

"yeah, why?" I laughed looking up at him.

"it's where I picked you that flower the day I pushed you off the monkey bars." he laughs.

"you remember?" I ask.

"of course I do, it's the day I met my best friend." he looks at me once again, draping an arm over my shoulder while we walk to our 5th period.
_______

hi! omg I'm still so new to writing a story. I hope you're enjoying so far :)
I love you xo