2

saturday morning
MADELINE'S POV

I was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing on my nightstand. groaning, I rolled over and picked up my phone off the charger.

"eteeweetee is calling"

I chuckled at the caller ID. ethan hated when I called him by his nickname, which is mainly why that's his name in my phone.

"hello?" my eyes wandered over to my window as I answered. barley any light was coming through my windows.

"good morning! wake up we have a project to do." ethan said a little too enthusiastic for it being an early saturday morning.

I pulled the phone away from my ear for a second, squinting my eyes as I checked the time.

"it's the literally the crack ass of dawn right now, e." running a hand over my face I mentally rolled my eyes.

"so? it's the perfect time and weather to go get some good pictures. get dressed, I'll be there in 30." ethan said before hanging up.

sighing, I dragged myself out of bed and proceeded to my closet to find something to wear. we're only shooting in a field so I went for something more casual. my eyes locked into my black ripped jeans. perfect. I pulled out a cream and black crop sweater to pair it with. I threw my thick, dark hair into a messy bun and changed into my clothes for the day.

my feet drug on the carpeted floor as I walked to my bathroom, still sleepy. looking in the mirror I made a disgusted face. jesus I look like a naked mole rat right now.

I brushed my teeth, hair, and did some dark makeup. god knows I needed it. puckering my lips together while running my hands through my hair I looked into the mirror one last time. not bad, madeline, not bad.

I smiled lightly and grabbed my phone and pastel blue polaroid camera before running down the stairs, and out of my room

might as well take some photos for me to keep, right? I thought to myself while looking down at my polaroid.

my thoughts were cut short when I heard a car horn blow from my driveway. slipping on some black heeled boots, I made my way out the door and into ethan's jeep.

ETHAN'S POV

madeline swung open the passenger side door and climbed in.

"good morning eteeweetee!" she smiled, mocking me.

"shut the fuck up." I laughed rolling my eyes while backing out of her driveway.

we drove down the road with the windows down. the field was only about 15 minutes away from madeline's house. I glanced over at her. she had her hand out the window with her arm flowing with the wind. the strong breeze blew her hair back while she sang the words to the song playing. meddle about by chase atlantic.

she looked beautiful. absolutely beautiful. I smiled and turned my attention back to the road in front of me. the sun was coming up, creating an amazing sunrise. not as amazing as madeline though. I know I shouldn't be thinking about her this way, she's my best friend. I'm her best friend. but I can't help it, she's so beautiful.

I pulled into the parking lot of the old elementary school, putting my jeep in park.
madeline squealed and clapped her hands together like a little kid when they see candy. she hopped out of the jeep and waited for me to follow.

"excited?" I ask smiling at her as we began walking down the hill to the open field.

"yes! you know how much I love taking photos." she said smiling back.

we continued walking down the hill, me in front of her.

"slow down! you walk so fast!" she complained.

"hey! it's not my fault you decided to wear shoes with heels. plus you're tiny, so of course you can't keep up." I winked back at her.

"shut it ethan. I wore heels because I am tiny! I can't help my height!" she whined again.

I laughed and shook my head. she really is tiny. she's a good foot shorter than me. but I found it adorable.
wait what? shut up ethan, she's your best friend. I sighed at my thoughts as we came to a stop at the bottom of the hill.

madeline smiled, taking in our surroundings. the grass was overgrown in the slightest, and considering the time of year it was there were purple flowers growing all over. the chill morning air had a slightly mist to it.

"okay mads, I'll photograph you first. go sit right there in that patch." I pointed to the spot and sat on the hill. I held the camera the teacher gave us up to my eye and angled it on her.

she sat criss cross and smiled her bright smile with straight white teeth

I took a good amount of photos, satisfied with the outcome. she ran over to me and told me to go stand in the same spot with my hands in my pockets while she took the photos.

"okay, I think we're good. I'll edit these later and apply to contrast and exposures it needs. easy." she said standing back to her feet.

"I brought my polaroid, wanna take some?" she smiled at me hopefully.

"of course."
she held her polaroid up to her eye and took one of me.

the polaroid came out and she lied it down while it developed.

"okay, your turn!" I said taking the camera.
she stayed on her spot on the hill, but lied down in the flowers. her hair was flowed out onto the grass as she looked to her side, slightly smiling. almost like a candid photo.

I stood above her and snapped the photo. she sat up and her small hands grabbed that camera back from me. she leaned down and look one of the lavender colored flowers below her.

"awesome! another page of my polaroid book done." she smiled to her self.

"hey lemme see the one you took of me." she turned her attention back to me.

handing her the photo, her face dropped.

"I look so bad! ew, why do I look like that? oh well the background is pretty so I'll scratch out my face or something." she chuckled.

I looked down at her. she turned her attention from the photo, to me

"no. don't. I think you look beautiful." I smiled at her.
__________

this was bad YEET 10 voted for next part :)