4

sunday evening

MADELINE'S POV

I sat on my black sheets of my bed as I glued the polaroids ethan and I took to a new page in my polaroid book. I doodled on some purple flowers on the paper and dated the page as yesterday.

I smiled in satisfaction and closed the black hardcover book shut. I uncrossed my legs and hopped off my bed, putting the book back in its rightful spot on the wooden book shelf in my room.

opening my white shear curtains slightly, I looked out at the sunset setting over the mountains in the distance.

the colors were a mix of yellow, hot pink, and a hint of lavender purple. they mixed perfectly and it was beautiful. I pulled out my polaroid and took a photo of the sunset from my window.

I loved to document moments like this. sure I take tons of photos on my phone as well, but moments like these, should be unfiltered.

after the photo came out I was caught off guard at the sound of my phone ringing. I sat down my camera and the photo on the top shelf of my book shelf, beside the polaroid book.

I jogged over to my bed and picked up my phone to see ethan calling.

I picked it up, "hello?"

ETHAN'S POV

"grayson, I don't know about this." I mumbled as I paced my living room, looking at grayson sitting on our couch with his arms crossed.

"dude. relax. I've told you I don't know how many times that if she says no, that's that. it'll all be fine. stop stressing." he huffed back at me.

I've been wreaking my mind about this whole "love game" between madeline, grayson, and I. it feels wrong but right at the same time.

I do like her. part of me always has. but I don't want her to think I only want her for sex. grayson doesn't seem concerned about that. but maybe that's just how he is? I mean he does like her too like I do,
right?

I guess it won't hurt to just bring it up to her. grayson isn't going to let this go anyways.

"alright gray. but if this goes south, it's on you." I said staring at him intently.

"it'll be fine. you should call her." he smirked as I pulled out my phone from my back pocket.

I put it on speaker phone. the phone rang before her soft voice answered.

"hello?"

MADELINE'S POV

"hey madeline, can you come over?" ethan spoke into the phone.

"ethan it's getting late and it's a school night I don-" I was cut off by grayson in the background.

"fuck school! we just need to talk it won't take long." he said.

why was I on speaker phone? why do they need to talk like right now, in person?

"fine fine. I'll be over in 20." I said before hanging up.

I have no idea what they could want so urgently. I mean they have been acting weird lately, so maybe I'll get some answers on that.

I put on some typical black distressed jeans, a cropped burgundy sweater, and some combat boots. I paired it with a mustard colored beanie and one single necklace. I already had makeup on from today that I didn't take off yet so that wasn't a worry.

I grabbed my keys, phone, and water bottle before walking outside and into my white colored Kia.

I pulled up at the twins house and walked up the stairs to the front door. I untied my shoes and placed them outside the door like always before I knocked.

almost as soon as my knuckles left the wooden door, it swung open kinda surprising me. it normally takes them a minute before opening up.

"hey mads." ethan opened the door. he looked nervous.

I smiled and stepped in, my multi colored socks hitting the cold hardwood floor.

"so what was so urgent?" I chuckled to grayson on the couch, placing my hand on my hips as I walked into the living room with ethan following behind.

"we just needed to talk. no worries." grayson smirked at me.

"let's go out on the back deck, our parents are sleeping just down the hall." ethan laughed nervously, again.

what's up with these two? they're never worried about their parents waking up when I come over later in the evening.

"okay?" I said more as a question as we walked outside.

we all sat at the wooden picnic table on their back patio, ethan and grayson across from me.

"so, madeline..." ethan started.

okay now I'm beginning to get nervous.

"so here's how it's gonna work..."

what???

"we have a proposition. I'm sure you know by now, we both like you. and I've seen you look at us the same way..." grayson cut in.

I HAVE SMALL FEELINGS OKAY BUT WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

I nervously played with the water bottle in my hands as they kept speaking.

"we're gonna play a little game. if you agree, you'll be involved with both of us, separately of course. an experiment you may say. no strings attached, for now at least. at the end of our game, you'll decide who the 'better twin' is."

I will admit, I did have slight feelings for both of them. they were attractive and so sweet, what could I say? but it was never enough of a feeling to actually act on it.

I was taken aback to say the least. I think I sat there staring at them wide eyed, mouth open for a good 20 seconds.

"madeline?" ethan spoke breaking the silence.

"I-I... uh..." I was at a loss for words.

"you don't have to do it. it was just an idea. maybe we misjudged the way we thought you felt." grayson said looking at me not breaking eye contact.

"I'm just shocked. what exactly do you mean by 'be involved' with you guys?" I said innocently.

I had a pretty good idea of what he meant but I still wanted to be sure.

"sex. just sex." grayson said with a blank face, making my stomach flutter.

I thought hard for a minute before finally speaking, looking at them both.

"okay. I'm in." I said confidently.

what's the worst that could happen?

________

hey loves! thank you so much for reading wow. 30 votes for next part! love you guys xoxo