Two

two

The doors to the throne room shut behind them and Perci was engulfed in a blue flurry. She spat out some red hair, grabbing whatever had swamped her and holding on tightly.

"Oh, sweetheart. Are you okay? How are you? Do you need anything? I am here for you-" Amphitrite's continuing ramblings made Perci's thoughts drift to Sally and in an instant, she was in tears.

Poseidon stepped forward to take his daughter from his wife, but the Queen held up her hand. Still in her stepmother's arms, the two sank to the floor, the younger woman clutching the older like a lifeline. Perci's father frowned at Amphitrite, displeased but unsure of what to do.

"Leave, my love. Right now she needs a mother's embrace," The Queen murmured softly at him, rocking the sobbing demigoddess.

The King bowed his head and left.

Perci buried her nose into her stepmother's neck, who held her like she was only thing that could keep her grounded and hummed a soft tune into her jet black hair, "It's only me left, Amph. Only me. What am I supposed to do?" The girl cried, softly.

"I don't know, brave one. But what I do know is that you are always welcome here. Always."

With a slight nod, Perci sniffled, her tears finally started to stop. Amphitrite still didn't let go, even as her stepdaughter's body slowed from a rapid shake to a small tremble. The demigoddess took a deep breath and closed her eyes, imagining that her real mum was holding her.

The thought calmed her, if only by a fraction.

"Do you think you could eat a little something, hmm? We could eat here or if you prefer, I'll take you to an inland restaurant. Do something to get your mind off everything. I could call Aphrodite or...anyone you want."

Again, Perci shook her head slightly and Amphitrite nodded with a sigh, "Come, my little seastar. How about a little girl time? Hmm?"

Her stepdaughter looked up at her, tears still in her eyes and in a hoarse voice, "That sounds okay. You can invite Dite if you want."

"Only if you think you can handle it, sweetheart. I don't want overwhelm you."

The young woman gave her a watery smile.

:3

The goddess, while supporting the young heroine, took the girl to a room specifically made for her. With a wave of Amphitrite's hand, the sea drained from the bedroom.

With a warm smile that was sent Perci's way, the Queen kissed her on the forehead and placed her on the king sized bed. Having been on plenty of girl nights with Aphrodite and the original Persephone, the red headed Goddess managed to get a hold of a few terrible romcoms.

From her own room, the one she shared with her King, Amphitrite retrieved nail polish, face masks and several other things. She was just about to call the servants for 'girl's night' snacks, when she stumbled. The palace quaked as though a strong force had taken hold of it. Everything in Amphitrite's arms fell and smashed on the floor.

A bloodcurdling scream echoed through the empty hallways and the palace began to break apart. The Queen dodged bits of debri falling from the ceiling and raced to Perci.