Eight

eight

In the Olympian throne room, Hestia sat beside the Hearth and stoked the flames. The warmth made her think of Persephone and her path of healing and success. Someone sat beside her, making the Lady of the Hearth turn to them.

Silvery yellow eyes and auburn hair.

Artemis.

"You know where she is, don't you?"

The brunette Goddess only smiled, "Perci wanted peace. She want to be away from war and prophecies. So I've hidden her away."

"If Poseidon finds out-"

"He won't unless she calls for him. I gave her a bracelet that can let her summon us. And she has the Muses to accompany her."

"So that's where they went," Artemis laughed lightly, "Does she know about the Council meetings?"

Hestia nodded, "Perci knows about your offer and the choice of being a goddess. She was shocked with Ares and Hera's thoughts. If it makes you happy, Lady of the Moon, Perci actually considered being a Hunter."

Artemis's face lit up and she smiled, "Persephone is a fearsome warrior."

"The Muses have told me that she has the Siren's gift."

"I knew she was strong, but that is beyond amazing. If she can learn to use that power, Perci would be unstoppable."

Hestia nodded then sighed sadly.

"What is wrong Aunt?"

"She has nightmares. Her uncontrolled emotions wreck the palace I have hidden her in. It fixes itself, but..."

"I've heard. Poseidon told me about his own palace." Artemis hugged Hestia, who's eyes had filled with tears.

"Perci has been through so much. And with her mother gone..."

The Lady of the Moon nodded, "Is she safe?"

"I promise you, niece. She is."

:3

Terpsichore was teaching Perci ballet.

The Muse had mentioned that even though the demigoddess was a Warrior, a girl should be graceful as well, "Well done, brave one. Next I want you to start with a retire, then plié, to demi-plié. Then a tendu devant and a tendu. A developpe."

Perci followed each position the Muse demanded, "Now let go of the barre and stand in the centre, child."

The girl abided.

"First arabesque. Second arabesque. Third. Now arabesque penchee."

Perci was beginning to sweat. Fighting was definitely different to dancing. But the strain on her muscles and tension in her body felt right.

"Brise Vole."

Perci delicately twisted around and landed on her right leg.