Four

four p

The salty smell of the ocean woke Perci.

She was lying on her back against soft, white sand. The sun above her shone in a cloudless blue sky. The only thing the demigoddess could see and hear was the push and pull of the tide on the beach.

She felt...calm. She felt...at peace. She felt...free.

Perci closed her eyes and breathed in the cool air. A small smile graced her lips. She stood. Then realised where she was. Ogygia.

She flinched when she suddenly felt something brush against her cheek. Then a giant gust of wind slammed into her. Perci looked down at herself. And gasped.

The ravenette was wearing an off the shoulder light blue toga, with a golden shoulder plate and delicate chains. Her black hair was curled and pulled up into a high ponytail, her fringe pushed to the right. A gold laurel wreath sat upon her head and two golden snake bangles encircled Perci's biceps, a gold belt rested around her hips.

The Saviour of Olympus looked beautiful.

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. Whispers filled her ears. The soft voices seemingly caressed her and Perci felt her dress being softly tugged forward, away from the ocean.

Walking across the sandy beach, a mansion came into view that took the young woman's breath away. The disembodied voices giggled and kept drawing her closer to the massive building.

Perci stood in front of the doors and blinked in awe, amazed that this building, this island was now hers.

Home. Home. Home.

Her mouth fell open, in awe, as the doors swung open to reveal white marble columns and a polished atrium. Every few feet, the long hallway had suits of Greek and Roman armour on display.

Yes, the young woman had wanted to escape the life of a hero, but the slight reminder of her world was oddly comforting. Much to Perci's embarrassment, her belly growled, begging for food.

A peal of tinkling laughter filled the room and she was gently pushed towards the left side of the giant room.

Kitchen. Kitchen. Kitchen.

Perci let them guide her until they pushed open another door to reveal a modern kitchen with a bar. The young woman crossed the room and sat on a barstool. A cheeseburger and chips appeared in front of her like at camp.

The demigoddess frowned for a second at the thought of camp, but then smiled at where she thought the voices were, "Thank you, but can you make it blue?"

Of course. Of course. Of course.

The bun of the burger and the chips turned bright blue and Perci let out a small laugh. Then as if the voices had read her mind, a bronze brazier appeared in the marble bench.

Perci's face brightened and put a portion of her food into the fire, "What, what should I call you?"

They giggled and a light breeze gently caressed the young woman's face again, Aurai. Aurai. Aurai.

:3

The Aurai had shown the demigoddess the loungeroom, which she glanced around it, mouth agape. The wind nymphs giggled then took her to the bedroom. There were twelve, but the first one Perci was shown was perfect.

The walls were not straight blue, but in layers, like flowing waves. A king sized bed with a golden headboard centred the room.

Perfect? Perfect? Perfect?

"I love it. Thank you." She murmured, with a light smile.

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

:3

There was a knocking at the door and Sally was excited. Hopefully, it would be Perci, finally seeing her after 9 months.

Paul peeked around the corner and grinned at Sally, "Is that who I think it is?"

"Maybe," Like a little girl filled with energy, the woman practically skipped to the door with a huge smile on her face. She swung it open, "Per-"

A hellhound pounced on her, snarling. Behind the monstrous canine was a cyclops with a glowing red eye. It pushed the animal off and stepped in, grabbing Sally by the arm and throwing her into the lounge room. A shriek of intense pain left the woman's mouth, making Paul rush out of the kitchen with a frying pan. In an instant, the hellhound had him by the throat.

Perci was suddenly at the door, which then slammed shut in her face. The demigoddess pounded her fists on the piece wood of separating her and her mother. The girl tried screaming for them, wanting nothing but to save them, but her voice was gone.

Snarls and shrieks echoed in the room until it all stopped. Silence filled Perci's ears and fear clenched her heart. Slowly, the door opened and the sight was gruesome.

Exactly as she'd seen it before. A massacre.

A baby's cry sounded from down the hall. Not looking at the mess made, Perci sprinted towards her sister's room. The young woman skidded into the room to see the cyclops holding up the child from its ankle.

An evil grin spread across the monster's face.