Six

six p

Hestia couldn't have hoped better for Perci. She was happier and smiling. The goddess felt good too. She had helped the young woman when she needed peace. The Lady of the Hearth flashed to the island and cried out as she fell over.

Looking around in horror, Hestia felt the ground shake and behind her, the sea was crashing violently against the beach, "Oh no..."

The goddess rushed forward to Perci's mansion. The doors opened.

Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare, the Aurai whispered frantically.

Hestia didn't need to be pushed by the wind nymphs, because she was racing for Perci's room in a second. The walls and ceilings were beginning to crack and moan under the pressure of the girl's power.

Clio opened the door before Hestia could, her hair a mess and her eyes wide. She slumped at the sight of the goddess, relieved.

Hestia stepped into the room to see the other eight muses hovering over the bed, humming in tune softly, trying to calm the ravenette. Perci was crying out on her bed, thrashing around and clenching the bedsheets in her fists. The demigoddess had tears on her cheeks and her fringe was stuck to her forehead with sweat.

The goddess moved to Perci's side and placed her warmed hands on the young woman's temples. She tensed then relaxed, Hestia's touch soothing her nightmare filled mind.

The mansion ceased it's groaning and settled. The Muses sighed.

"Thank the Gods. I thought she was doing so well. We've gone a week without a nightmare," Melpomene whimpered.

Erato hugged her sister, "At least it's not every night now, Mel."

"She's right. Maybe we'll get another week. Then maybe a month," Euterpe murmured comfortingly. Polyhymnia smiled sadly at them all and pulled them into a hug.

Hestia sat on the bed beside the poor demigoddess. "Why don't you girls get something to eat? I'm sure the Aurai will make you something."

The Muses curtsied to the Lady of the Hearth and left the room.

"Oh, Perci. What am I supposed to do? How can I help you, sweetheart?"

The young woman's eyes then fluttered open. She looked at Hestia, sat up and hugged her.

Though the goddess's skin was unnaturally warm, Perci couldn't help but feel loved. She sniffled into Hestia's shoulder and sucked in a deep breath. The Lady of the Hearth smelled like a campfire. Perci's thoughts turned to the bonfire at camp.

The ravenette was only a little sad, but it still hurt. Unlike last time, where she couldn't think of them without becoming a huge sobbing mess.

Hestia knew this. The goddess pulled away and stood up. She held her hand out for Perci to take and they both went down the kitchen to meet the Muses.

:3

The group of eleven were seated in the dining room, the Aurai serving them all with small giggles and brushes of comforting wind.

"What happened at Council? I know it was a couple of months ago...but still."

"Well, Hera and Ares think you deserve to be a goddess-"