50K special writing tips!

My dearest, readers

We have done it!

We have reached over 50000 reads on this book!

And because I have never ever revealed my grand secret of how I write chapters, I shall do it now!

So get some pen and paper and LET'S BEGIN!

1. How to find inspiration

As most of you know, some of my chapters are based on a song, poem, ect.

That's because the situation in those songs get to me. I try to get as far away from the main subject as possible and rewrite my characters in the song.

For example: Requiem (Dear Evan Hansen)

Zoe: Y/N

Larry (dad): Y/N (angry and heart broken side)

Cynthia (mom): Y/N (Still in love side)

Connor (isn't in the song, but is referenced): Alexander

Situation: 

Alexander has been shot. Y/N, (who's first neutral and who was once in love with him), is in a confusing mess. She doesn't know how to feel. When she decides to hear both of her minds out. The heart broken side tells her she gave everything to him and then he threw it all out. The still in love side says that she should push on.  She decides not not care if he's been shot. More she's angry. 

I just put my phone on shuffle and then try to let myself wonder aloud. If I find something, I write it down.

Which brings me to:

2. Keep a notebook

The best ideas seem to pop up when you're in the middle of doing something or when you're laying in bed. I used to say: "I'll remember it." 

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED THE MORNING AFTER!

If you keep a notebook to not only keep your ideas in, but also do your administration work in, you can keep track of all your notes and thoughts. I literally started to do this a few months ago and now I can't live without my notebook.

3. Have motivation 

Gurl, starting a book without motivation. Ain't a good idea. Don't. Do. It.

And I don't mean, don't stop writing if you have to write a chapter you don't like to follow with a chapter which has more action. I HAVE TO DO THAT ALL THE TIME!

4. Think when you can't sleep

When I can't sleep, I just think about how my books will end. What's going to happen and even imagine some scenes to see how I would write them. 

5. When you're writing, you are allowed to take a break

I find myself writing in 3 settings: 

-2 hours and done

-2 day and done

-2 weeks and done

Take a break often enough so you can fit into that 2 day category. If you have more time to think about your chapters, you can find some interesting things you can do. Don't do it in 2 hours without a break. It will weigh you down. Don't do it in 2 weeks. Just...Don't. You'll lose motivation.

6. Read books!

When you're in a writers block, just open a good book and read. After awhile you might find some inspiration to write something great!

BUT DON'T! And I yell, DON'T, steal content from each other without proper crediting or consent from the other party.

This counts for every book I have seen, with my copied chapters and another author name slapped on it. (You know who you are.)

I don't mean the people who properly credited me. I mean the people who never asked me. Ever. And I know they read my books. And that book is published 1 year after mine. 

Just don't.

7. Don't use said in every sentence

One of my friends and also kinda one of my favorite authors right now, Diamond_Teddy , (Go read her books btw) has also done of these writing tips thingy. She also wrote something my teachers always said.

But she said, and I quote: 

"Another tip I got is , like your teachers told you, PUT SAID TO F*CKIN' BED! No one likes seeing said multiple times, sometimes I would get stuck and write said instead of something else, but when I figured out the emotion, I would change it."

There's a website she uses and I now use:

http://www.spwickstrom.com/said/

It's really great for these kinds of things!

Okay that's all I got (for now)

Thank you guys for the 50K reads! You guys are amazing!

From your probably not favorite author

Amberiso