Say You Care

When I go to bed, he's no where to be seen. I cannot get what he told me out of my mind. I need to ask him about it. It's hard without him around though.

I don't know how I'll approach it. Maybe it has nothing to do with the last six months of high school. My head is foggy, but I remember the very last day. His hands were on my hip, his lips on mine.

Of course I was disgusted with myself. I had officially given in to the school player. Although any other girl would have liked the gesture, to me it was purely a way of letting go of all the bad high school memories.

I remember a year after we finished high school, Rocky was on the news for starting his own business at such a young age. He was nineteen and making profit no nineteen year old was making his age. A few years past and all we would could see was that his business was getting bigger and better; that and the attention he was receiving from girls both single and taken.

I had laughed. I remembered saying that he hadn't changed. Part of me was incredibly disappointed. My last day of high school was spent with a total flirt like him, and worse, I had lost it to him.

The door creaked open and I could hear footsteps. I didn't turn my head in his direction. I didn't know what I'd say if I did.

The sound of a jacket being unbuttoned behind me plays. Clothes hit the floor. Suddenly Rocky slips into bed beside me.

I play with the corner of the blanket, my hands now sweating. I'm in bed with a stranger who's technically not a stranger.

"You're a mystery, you know," I finally decide to say as I turn to face him.

Rocky has his back to me but turns when he hears my voice. "It's better that way," he says as his hand traces a circle against the back of my hand that's resting on the pillow.

I shake my head. "No," I say. "It's not."

Rocky merely watches me as if telling me to go on, to explain myself.

Taking a deep breath, I start. "If this is to work even for six months, you have to be honest."

"Why are you pushing this, Sky?" Rocky says.

I sigh. Frustration clawing at me. "Because," I say. "You're not being honest and now I feel like I'm suffocating."

Rocky's hand rests on my hip and and I smack it away immediately. Anger boils inside me and I feel like shouting at him.

He smirks in my direction which doesn't help my case. "I haven't slept with anyone since I slept with you."

My mouth drops open and I sit up. I reach for the bedside lamp and turn it on. "What!" I protest. "That's a load of bull."

He smiles. "That's what I told myself," he says. "For a long time too but that doesn't change anything."

"Why didn't you?"

Rocky closes his eyes. "Good night, Sky."

With that quietness takes over the room and I am left completely speechless. Rocky may play games but he's not a liar, that much I know.

I switch the lamp off and sink back into the bed. I can no longer sleep though.

----------

When I wake up in the morning, Rocky's hand is around my waist and his face is snuggled into my neck and hair.

I feel the heat of his breath against my neck and it does weird things to me. I cannot tell if it's good or bad.

Grabbing his hand, I lift it up to try and free myself. Rocky's grip around my waist tightens as he murmurs against my neck. "Can you just be still for five minutes."

I sigh. "Why?"

"Cause this feels good," Rocky replies before lifting his head to look me in the eyes.

"What are you playing at?" I say trying to free myself.

"Husband and wife," he says finally letting go of me. "You don't like the husbandly gestures though."

I frown and sit up.

"I thought the deal was to do everything a normal couple would do," he says into my ear as his hands rest on my thigh. They crawl up and I try not to react.

"Imagine," Rocky whispers. "If I was to touch you like this everyday." His hands go up my thighs and he's awfully close to where I do not want his hands. "Imagine us in bed, waking up with you in my arms."

I lean forward and get out of bed while Rocky smirks in my direction.

"Four," I say.

Rocky watches me in confusion. "Four, what?"

"I've slept with four men since you," I say trying to burn him up.

His expressions turn dark for just a second before a smile appears. "I don't care about your past," he tells me. "And frankly speaking, I don't care about your future either...well the future after our six months."

He hops off the bed and heads into our ensuite bathroom, indicating a clear end to the conversation.

I got him though. I know my words hurt him. Why, though? That's the question. What does he want with me?

My phone rings and I now know that I cannot avoid my parents for long.

"Morning," I say answering the phone.

"Do I want to ask?" My mother says.

I take a deep breath. "I got married," I say. "I'm sure you know seeing as you've seen the photos. Oh and you remember Rocky, right?"

"Well, yes," mother replies. "I didn't know you guys were dating."

"Look mum, I'm sorry. Like really sorry. I know I should've told you but I didn't want it to slip and now it has and the whole world knows."

"I'm your mother for God's sake," she says tightly. "How could you have not told me?"

I frown knowing she can't see. "My mistake and I'll make it up to you but I really need to go."

Without another word, I hang up hoping that'll be enough for my parents for the time being.

When I turn around, my phone drops. Rocky stands by the bathroom door with just a towel around his hips.

I clear my throat and turn around. "Sorry," I mutter.

I can hear Rocky laugh behind me. "I'm your husband. You can look as much as you want."

I shut my eyes trying to get the image of his wet body and the water dripping down his abs out of my mind.

Next thing I know, my back feels wet as Rocky leans against me. My eyes are still closed so I don't know how to react.

Rocky presses into me. "You look damn sexy," he whispers into my ear.

I hear the towel drop and my throat tightens.

I turn around and quickly pick up my phone as Rocky grabs his shirt off the bed. I shake my head, he's naked.

I turn and head for the bathroom; even though it's more of a run. Why does he do that? Does he not have boundaries?

I just saw the Rocky Hamilton naked. It's not an image I can easily remove from my mind and I curse myself for it.

When I hear silence in the bedroom, I open the bathroom door and head into the bedroom. Rocky is no where to be seen. I imagine he's dressed. I shake my head. Stop it, Sky.

There is something between us, something I cannot pinpoint. I don't know if it's cause I haven't seen him in so long or maybe it's because I lost it to him. Another thing he has no idea about.