Careful Rocky!

*Rocky's Perspective*

"You need to go from here," I warn Liam. "Sky is already on to you."

"But I was protecting her," Liam replies sharply.

"She doesn't know that."

Liam shakes his head. "Do you trust her?"

I watch Liam carefully. "Of course. She's my wife after all."

"That's not what I mean, sir," Liam says rubbing the back of his neck. "I really want the best for you and I damn hope the best for you but isn't it strange that suddenly she's changed. It seems almost overnight and at the exact time your company confidential files are leaked. This can be detrimental to the company."

"It's not her, Liam," I tell him with a warning. "It cannot be."

"I know she hates me, she thinks I was placing those envelopes but in reality I was collecting them to hide them. Paul is playing a messy game."

"And you cannot come to my place that late," I warn him. "She'll pick at this until she gets to the bottom of it. The house lights go off just as you walk in. She clearly doubts you."

"You have to tell her it was Paul," Liam tells me as a matter of fact.

"What do you want me to tell her, Liam," I say in frustration. "That you called me advising me Paul had gotten in. You cut the lights so that I could get to Paul before he got to her and of course you appear out of no where, the saint. You know she won't believe it. I have worked too hard to finally get her to accept me. If I tell her anything she'll think we've played her."

Liam sighs. "But we haven't. We have tried to save her."

I shake my head. "Sky won't get that."

Liam takes a deep breath. "Mark my words, just be careful. Those files are already out there and you have had three partners pull out of the deal already. It's never too late to keep an eye on everyone, your wife included. I don't mean to say she's bad but what if this is all just revenge. I find it all a bit too much to be coincidence."

"I have to go back to the party, but I'll be in the office first thing in the morning," I say turning to head back inside.

When I make my way through the crowd, with the dimmed lights it's almost hard to spot her but I see Sky.

I see her sequinned silver and maroon dress sparkle which catches my eyes. She's nervous, I can tell and beside her, Daniella is trying to calm her down.

I walk beside her and give her hand a squeeze. Daniella claps in excitement as she see me and gives me a hug. She looks at both of us and tells me to go say hi to our parents.

"What was that about?" Sky asks.

I watch her with concern. "What?"

"Liam," She says. "You can't trust him."

I give Sky's hand another squeeze. "Don't worry about him, let's go meet my parents."

I can see the nervousness in her face but I can also tell she doubts me. She desperately wants to know what Liam has told me. I just can't tell her though.

I stop in front of my parents. Mum says a few words and from the corner of my eye, I see dad pull Sky into a hug. Her shoulders ease and I know she's relieved. Just like her, I wasn't exactly sure they'd be happy to see her considering the last party but they're calm.

"So glad you're here, Sky," father says. "We have missed you dearly and this shameful man," he says lightly punching my shoulder. "Doesn't even bring you around to meet us. You must visit us more often."