seven » e g o i s t i c

[kim namjoon pov.]

»leave! leave my class right now!« the teacher, mr. kang, shouted directly in my face. i felt my face heat up, tears prickled in my eyes and i hated myself for it.

i didn't do anything wrong, well, almost. i just looked outside of the window, nothing criminal. mr. kang was right though, i didn't pay attention to anything he said, so i just grabbed my bag and left.

where should i go? home? no, there was nobody anyways. the library? maybe, but the librarian hated me. then i knew.

i climbed up the stairs till the third story and entered the well-known room. i looked around, nobody was there, only me and.. the piano.

i smiled and sat down on the stool, putting my fingers on the keys. closing my eyes, i began playing.

pushing down keys in a slow manner, creating a melody that i caught myself in, more and more. there was nothing, just me and the music. and that was enough. i felt like i needed nothing more than this, nothing more than music. it made me happy for once.

and like that, i didn't notice someone entering the room.

he was silent until the music stopped, he just listened to it, carefully, in awe.

»that was incredible.« his voice said as silence began to fill the room again. i spun around with wide eyes, as playing the piano was something absolutely intimate for me. and then i recognised him.

seokjin. the seokjin.

kim seokjin, the popular student, talented at everything. i blushed deep crimson red, looking down shyly.

»thank you.« i said, almost not hearable, but he understood. »what's your name?« he smiled at me. i looked him in the eyes. he was unbelievably pretty. his lips were full and pink, his eyes big and deep, his skin glowy and glassy. there wasn't one flaw in his face. realising i probably had stared at him too long, i looked away. kim namjoon, get your shit together, i said to myself.

»namjoon, kim namjoon.« i replied, smiling unsure. »oh that's a beautiful name, namjoon. i'm kim seokjin, but you may know me already?« i nodded.

»can you play that again?« he asked and i almost choked on my own saliva and coughed. wow, attractive. good job, namjoon, now he thinks you're a complete nerd. but against all my expectations, he went over to me and patted my back until i could breathe properly again.

»um, i'm, i'm really not that good..« i said, slowly looking up to him. »are you serious? you were absolutely amazing!« he nearly shouted and stared at me wide-eyed. »please, do it for me!« i sighed.

»alright.«

he cheered happily. i smiled, amused about his goofy character. i made some space on the stool and seokjin sat beside me. and so, i played the melody again.

surprisingly, i wasn't bothered by his presence at all. it was like i shared the music with him, it was like i was telling him a story that he could relate to. i felt save in a kind of way. i finished with a single high note and opened my eyes.

i didn't even realise that i closed them. seokjin was staring at me. i chuckled a bit. »yeah, it's not that great i-« »teach me.« »what?« »teach me how to play the piano. you're so damn talented and i always wanted to know how to play it.« he blankly said.

»you should go to a professional piano teacher, i'm really not-« »but i want you to teach me.« i blushed. why did i always look like a fucking crab? it was so unattractive.

»you're adorable.« seokjin suddenly said. i blushed even deeper. »okay. i'll teach you.« i said. »really? yes!« he shouted and grinned at me, visibly happy. i couldn't help it but smile at his cute response.

seokjin really wasn't as egoistic and self-centred as i thought he was.

---

what do you think about seokjin and namjoon meeting for the first time?
did it meet your expectations?
i hope you enjoyed the chapter, if you did, please show me that through voting and commenting, it'd mean the world! thank you :)
- CHONS