eight » s u s p i c i o u s

[kim seokjin pov.]

»try looking to the side, it'll add some kind of dreamy character.« i said to jungho, who was modeling for my new portfolio right now. he did as i told him and it fitted the style perfectly. click.

»yes! thank you so much. now i only need one more person and i'm done.« jungho nodded. »who did you think about? someone from your song producing class or?« »nah, i don't know. i feel like nobody in there fits the mood of the portfolio. it has more of a sad-ish character you know? they're just really funny and nice people, but i don't know if they can act that well in front of a camera.« i said.

for photography class, mrs. cha wanted us to finish a portfolio that showed the complete opposite of our usual self. it was really interesting and i only needed one more model. i was sure i would find someone right for it.

»alright, you do you.« jungho replied and shrugged. »now, what do you wanna do?« he asked. i smirked.

»want some coffee?« he nodded, and so we went to a little café at the end of the street. it's walls were painted in a cute mint green and it was decorated quite vintage-ish. we entered and went to the counter.

there stood a pretty girl around our age. »how may i help you?« she asked and smiled, her eyes resting a bit longer on jungho. »i'll take a caramel cappuccino.« i said. »me too.« jungho said and looked her deeply in the eyes.

i acted like i didn't care, but i saw him winking at her. she blushed deep red and mumbled »i'll be right back.« before she went in to the backroom.

»sneaky shit.« i wispered in jungho's ear as we sat down and laughed. he grinned sheepishly. »what? she's cute!« he said protectively. »yes, and that's why you'll gonna get this girl!« i said to him and smiled, proud of myself. i had a plan. he looked at me, unsure.

»nah, she's just working here and i'll probably never see her again. i bet she doesn't even like me.« »oh man, if a girl blushes as red as she did two minutes ago she definitely likes you! trust me.« i replied.

»oh yeah mister 'i know everything about relationships', how about you get yourself someone first?« he said, pouting. but he knew i was right, so i just laughed.

the girl came back with our drinks and placed them on the table in front of us. i kicked jungho's leg under the table. »ouch! what was that for?« he shouted and looked at me angrily. i signalised him to go talk to the girl and he realised she was still standing there.

he blushed and looked up to her shyly. »i didn't catch your name?« he said to the girl with a voice so soft it was almost ridiculous. »it's chaemin.« she replied with the same soothing voice. i struggled to contain my laughter.

it was just too funny seeing jungho trying to flirt. »i'm jungho. can i.. maybe.. have your number?« she blushed deeply but smiled happily. »sure.« she said and they exchanged numbers. then chaemin said goodbye to us and went back in the room with the 'staff only' sign.

jungho sighed and i finally started laughing. he looked at me, done with me making fun of him. but it was just so cute seeing those two communicate as they were both the shyest people ever but pretended to be all confident and cool.

jungho crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. »are you done yet?« he said, but cracked a smile. »n-no.« i replied, still laughing. »oh come on, you aren't better, you idiot.« he shook his head but couldn't help it and chuckled with me.

»anyways, just to make it clear: is there anyone right now?« he asked, clearly referring to something. »no.. not that i know.« i said, kind of confused. what did he mean by that?

»if you say so..« he said, and winked at me. suspicious.

---

what do you think about chaemin?
i would love you if you give me any kind of feedback, whether it's votes or comments, i appreciate it so much!
thank you for reading :)
- CHONS