sixteen » d e l i c a t e

[kim seokjin pov.]

the figures on the tv became less and less interesting as time passed, namjoon was getting my full attention.

he was snuggled up my chest, his head leaning on my shoulder and my arms wrapped around around his torso. i looked at his face, studying his details that were so tiny, so delicate.

namjoon's eyes were focused on the screen, his lips full and slightly pursed. some scene of the movie i didn't care about made him cringe, and he adorably scrunched his nose and squeezed his eyes shut for a second.

everything he did was so tiny, minimal actions that were meaningful to me.

as namjoon opened his eyes, he looked at me and caught me staring at him. his face reddened, but he didn't dare look away. i smiled at his cute reaction and leaned in to give him a little peck. his lips met mine and the butterflies exploded in my stomach.

even though this wasn't our first kiss, it felt like we were meeting each other for the first time every time. but it felt amazing to kiss him, and in any way possible i didn't want this to end.

so when namjoon tried to pull away, i let out a whining sound and turned myself to deepen the kiss. i could feel namjoon blush but i didn't care, and soon we were full-on making out.

my tongue slid in his mouth and namjoon sighed quietly. we were in our own little bubble, where no one could disturb us. at least we thought.

suddenly, my phone made a few notification sounds, one after another, making us flinch. at first, we tried to ignore it, but the messages kept floating in, so i broke the kiss, catching my breath.

»whoever it is, i'm suing« i growled, annoyed. namjoon chuckled lightly and i grinned apologizingly, gripping my phone from the table.

20:43pm

junghOE: yo
junghOE: seokjin
junghOE: you there?
junghOE: jIN
junghOE: I NEED YOU
junghOE: hELP ME

godjin: what do you want.

junghOE: oh am i disturbing smth😏

godjin: maybe
godjin: get to the pOINT

junghOE: uh
junghOE: i kinda
junghOE: sorta
junghOE: likechanyoungalot
junghOE: shetextedmeand
junghOE: idontknowhowtorespond

godjin: that took me five mins to figure out jsjsjjs
godjin: text her back you coward

junghOE: you're no help i'm asking my brother

godjin: sure embarrass yourself 🤓
godjin: n e ways
godjin: bye
godjin: don't bother us again

junghOE: "us"

godjin: shut up

i rolled my eyes and snorted at the screen as jungho kept on mocking me and namjoon together, but at least we 'got our shit together and confessed', to say it with chanyoung's words.

the witty but sweet girl had already managed to save herself a huge part in my heart, and even though she was not as important to me as she was to namjoon, i loved her way to always see the positive in life.

»who was it?« namjoon asked, curious about me laughing at my phone. »oh, just jungho. he's conflicted because chanyoung texted him for the first time and he doesn't know how to respond. but to be honest, i couldn't care less right now.« i smirked and a small blush crept up namjoon's cheeks as he thought about what happened before.

he covered it up by grinning brightly, wiggling his eyebrows. »so our lovey-dovey couple is finally taking it's own steps, wow i'm surprised they even managed to talk to each other. judging on the way the looked at each other, phew, you could practically grasp the sexual tension.« he giggled and i let out a hearty laugh.

»i'm believing it won't be long until they are in a relationship, they honestly are an amazing couple. jungho is super cheerful but can be deep and thoughtful in the right moments, and chanyoung is just plainly positive and sweet but funny at the same time.« i said, and namjoon nodded.

he looked at me, studying my facial expressions, and it seemed like he had a question to ask. hesitantly, he opened his mouth, just to shut it right after, probably feeling insecure. »what is it?« i asked, the tone of my voice changing.

»are-, um, do you think we fit as a couple?« he quietly asked, sounding innocent like a child. my heart melted, how could he possibly be so perfect? so astounding, ethereal, immaculate in every inch of his soul? i couldn't grasp reality, i just couldn't wrap my head around him being an actual person.

he was so pure, and it amazed me. realising how much he really meant to me, i closed my eyes for a short second, treasuring this important moment for the future.

»maybe we aren't the same personality wise, nor appearance wise, but we completely and utterly complement each other. we're like a puzzle, and every trait of our character is a missing piece that completes the art. i love you, namjoon. i really do.« i said the cheesy, but beautiful words that lingered in my mind for quite some time now.

just like so many times before, i admired namjoon's gorgeous face, never seeming to grow tired of his features.

tiny tears dwelled in his face, making me smile. he was so fascinating, with everything he did.

»i love you too. i can't even put my feelings for you into words, if i would, they'd be an understatement. you, me, us, is so much more than words. so much more than that.« namjoon replied, and i pressed a loving kiss onto his lips, putting my ever, emotion into it.

for all i knew, actions really were more important than words sometimes.

---

we're going from spicy ;) to crackhead to sappy this is all i do lmao
thanks for reading, and any feedback ofc <3
- CHONS