FIVE.

FIVE.
( ROCK WAR )

❛ MOM? DAD? ❜

VERA NOLES—

The group of kids ran down into the woods where they saw Henry Bowers on top of Mike Hanlon. Beverly picked up a rock and whipped it to the boy, hitting him in the side of the head drawing blood. "Nice throw," Stan said out of breath, his hand still gripped tightly onto Vera's.

"Thanks," Beverly smiled as the group all picked up rocks preparing for what was about to happen next. Mike crawled through the water over to where the losers stood. Vera released her grip on Stanley's hand and walked into the water to help Mike up. He sent a smile in her direction which she returned, helping him to his feet.

"You losers are trying to hard." Henry began to speak as he walked towards the group slowly. Vera returned to Stanley's side, reconnecting their hands. "She'll do you, you just gotta ask nicely. Like I did." Henry said referring to Beverly who stood in front of the group.

Ben screamed over at the three boys in anger at what they'd said about the girl. Vera squeezed the rock in her right hand and Stan's hand in her left. He looked over at her with a worried look on his face. He noticed how stiff she was and understood why when Henry said, "Don't think I'd forget about you, Vera... No, no. Turns out new kids will do just about anything won't they?" He sent a wink in her direction causing Stanley to also tense up beside the girl.

"S-shut up Bowers." Bill spat, clearly upset with what the boy was saying about his friends. With that Ben sent a rock flying towards the three boys, hitting Henry on the top of his head.

Vera winded up her rock and lunged it forward hitting one of Henry's friends straight in the forehead making her chuckle to herself. Beverly shot a rock in Henry's direction as well nearly hitting him, as he'd ducked. The three boys scrambled to pick up rocks and they were being hit by the loser's rocks.

"Rock War!!" Richie yelled as he was hit in the head with a rock, making him fall to the ground. With that rocks flew. The sound of grunts and curse words fell from the losers mouths as they aimed their rocks for the Bowers gang's heads. The losers gang had an advantage with how many people were on their side. Rocks continued to fly, knocking Henry off his feet. Eddie went all whack ass and started moving towards them, battle screaming.

Henrys two friends ran away into the woods, getting rocks thrown at them as they tried to escape. Henry was on the ground as the group threw their remaining amount of rocks in their hands.

"Hey, hey that's enough... I think he's learned his lesson." Vera called out to her friends, holding Eddie's hand from throwing another rock at the boy.

As the group was leaving Richie had to have the final word and yelled out, "Go blow your dad you mullet wearing asshole!!" He gave Henry the finger and followed the rest of the losers club away from the scene.