SEVEN.

SEVEN.
( BROKEN FRIENDSHIPS )

❛ YOU'RE INSANE! ❜

VERA NOLES—

"You..." Eddie's mom pointed to the losers club in anger. "You did this. You know how delicate he is." She yanked her son into her car, slamming the door shut. "We were attacked M-m-Ms. K" Bill tried to reason but the woman was not having it.

"Don't try and blame anyone else." She growled at the gang. She fumbled with her keys causing them to fall from her hands. Beverly bent down to pick them up when the woman smacked her hand away. "Back!"

"Oh, I've heard of you, Miss Marsh. And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son." She spat at the red-haired girl. "Hey, she didn't do anything." Vera stepped forwards in front of her friend. "Oh, the new girl huh? Carol sure has a lot to say about you. Sneaking off into the Rabbi's son's room in the middle of the night." She nodded her head towards Stanley. "You're just as filthy, if not more."

Vera stepped back looking at the ground. Her mouth widened in shock. How could her Gran say that to people? She felt a hand grab her own. "Leave her alone, she hasn't done anything. Her Gran kicked her out." Stanley stood beside the blonde girl.

"Ms K, I-" Bill was cut off by the large woman. "No! You are monsters, all of you. And now Eddie is done with you, you hear? Done!" The woman got into her car and drove off.

The group walked into the middle of the street watching as Ms K drove off with a crying Eddie. Bill turned around looking at his friends. "I saw the well. W-ww-We know where it is and next time we'll be better prepare-" Stanley cut him off yelling, "No! No next time Bill. You're insane!"

"Why? We all know no one else is going to do anything." Beverly said to Stanley. "Eddie was nearly killed! And look at this motherfucker! He's leaking hamburger helper!" Richie yelled out to Bev and Bill. "We can't pretend it's going to go away, Ben you said it yourself. IT comes back every 27 years." Beverly said to the group, looking mainly at Ben.

"Fine. I'll be 40 and far away from here." Ben pointed out to Beverly. Vera sighed, "Look, Stanley and Richie are right. We were nearly killed and you expect us to wanna go back there? I'm sorry, but I've been attacked by this, this thing one too many times. Didn't you say you wanted to leave this town too?" Vera finished looking at Beverly.

"That's because I want to run towards something, not away." She looked directly into Vera's eyes when she spoke.

"I'm sorry, but who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie gestured to Beverly who gave him the finger.

"Richi-" Stanley was cut off by the boy. "I'm just saying let's face facts. Georgie is dead, stop trying to get us killed too!" Bill pushed the small Toizer boy back. "Georgie is not dead."