Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Okay okay, hear me out man. You get a boner when the guy does anything around you. But you ain't gay?" Travis asked as he stuffed his face with fries before downing more of his drink. I stared at him in disgust at how he devoured his food before turning my attention back to his words.

"Honestly? I don't know what I am." I answered truthfully and this made my friend stop eating to stare at me. "I mean, in my mind I still think I like chicks, but the thought of doing anything with one makes me feel weird. Same with guys. I don't want to do anything sexual with any other guys, but with Nixon....it's different." This whole situation was making my head hurt. I wonder is Lysander would understand how I feel. He was straight before he met Nikolai and now look at them. Happily married and loving life.

It's not like I'm scared to admit I'm gay either. My family is accepting of all people so they wouldn't abandon me if I told them I was dating a guy. But the thing is—am I really gay if I only have the hots for one guy?

"Do you like Nixon?" Travis asked, bringing me from my inner turmoil and I actually had to really think about an answer. Did I like Nixon? I mean, yeah, I like him as a friend. I was with Bryce's Pack when we met the Pickney brothers.

I was home for the holidays from college when I had gone over to the Pack house to see Bryce and Kit. They had told me at the beginning of the year that Bryce had been preparing to take over his dads position as Alpha and had even met his mate. I still remember learning about the whole mate thing and it made me more reserved when it came to dating. I waltzed into the house like I owned it, said hello to a few members as I made my way to the office and didn't bother knocking before entering.

"I'm home dick—" I paused when I noticed Bryce, Kit and his father in the room with two other people. One of them was very lean looking but had a kind face. It's was very angular and the stubble only made it sharper. His smile was warm, as were his dark brown eyes that were sort of hidden behind wavy black bangs. His hair was long, but ended just before his shoulders and seemed to curl up at the ends. He was wearing a tribal styled tunic shirt with these baggy sweatpants that the crotch is really low. You know the ones that people were obsessed with back in like 2011? Anyway, that guy wasn't really the one who stole the breath from me, it was the one standing next to him.

Whereas the first guy looked like a model with the sharp features and smiling eyes, his companion looked...rugged? He was by no means bigger than the other guy, but his face had a slight chubbiness to it; his cheekbones not as pronounced as the other guys. He had extremely bushy eyebrows that would look horrendous on some but actually looked really good on him. His hair was long and curly, frizzy too, but matching the color of the other guy's hair. And he had more facial hair than the other guy and his eyes were very piercing.

So basically, if I used my brains, I could deduce from my observations that these guys were brothers and the rugged one was older than the one who looked like he was into some hippy shit.

And all this time I realized I had just been checking them out.

"Nice of you to grace us with your presence." Bryce snickered and I flipped him the bird before going to stand next to Kit, who was standing beside Bryce at the desk.

"Julian and Nixon, meet Drake. He is a close friend of ours." I have them a five-finger salute and was just glad I could put names to their faces. Especially Nixon.

Wait what.

"If you keep zoning out on me I'm going to slap you in the face with a Big Mac." Travis snapped and I was brought from my trip down memory lane.