Chapter 10

"I fucking hate research papers." Charlie groaned in his hands. He was currently sitting on the couch with a laptop in his lap. He and Allister were seniors in high school before all the drama went down, and when Charlie decided to go on his little vacation to France, they put him in online school so he wouldn't miss anything. Of course, I don't think he did any work then because there was still so much drama going on. I was confused as to why he wasn't having to repeat the grade, same as Allister, but I guess when you have such strong connections in the school, you can get away with anything.

"Just wait till you get to college. It gets so much better." I said sarcastically, laughing when Charlie smacked his head on his computer. Killian joined my laughter and I looked down at him with a smile. I agreed to watch him while Charlie worked, not just because I was assigned as one of his bodyguards, but also because I enjoyed spending time with him and his son. Its been four months since my major fight with Nixon and also four months since we last saw any activity from the enemies side. Mostly everyone in the Pack was taking this as a good sign, but people like me and Bryce, and basically everyone in the higher rankings, were on edge. When the enemy is this silent for this ling, it's never a good sign. So that's why Charlie was placed on high security and a heavy lockdown. He was never to go anywhere without at least five warriors and if he could avoid going outside of the territory, he should. Charlie didn't like these conditions at all and that's how he was allowed to go outside as long as he was within our realm. If he crossed the boundaries, he needed escorts. I was assigned to watch him and Killian if they were together. Some thought it was ridiculous that we needed to protect him within the Pack as well, but considering the number of traitors we've had, it was a necessary precaution.

Speaking of traitors.

"Did you hear Eli is dead?" I asked Charlie and he immediately stopped typing and looked up at me.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. Nixon had to dispose of his body yesterday. Well...what was left of his body, that is." I was afraid to ask any further details from my mate and he was glad because whatever he saw and had to do, made him take a shower five times. While Eli was finally dead, King was still alive. And Allister was not having it. Which is understandable still, considering what he went through and also what Charlie went through, but it was a necessary evil. King had valuable information no one else knew about Tyrion. If we didn't have him helping us, we wouldn't be where we are right now.

"Knock knock." We both turned to see Nixon in the doorway and I watched as his eyes landed on Killian, who started squealing in excitement upon seeing him. "Hows the little munchkin?" He cooed as he came to sit beside me on the floor and play with the child. I looked over at Charlie and saw he was already looking at me with a smile before he went back to his paper. Nixon's words rang true that he said that night. He was more compassionate and caring than I had ever seen him and it was making me fall deeper and harder for him every day. He also had taken to helping Julian find their missing family again. He claimed that even if his parents are dead, he still wants his other family to meet me, so he refuses on giving up the search for them. A couple hours passed while we all joked and messed around with Killian before the baby started to get fussy.

"Guess its nap time." Charlie sighed as he shut his laptop and set it aside. Nixon picked up Killian and handed him to Charlie before helping me stand up. As Charlie walked out of the room, Nixon turned to look at me with a giddy smile.

"Stop doing that. You're freaking me out." I laughed and he continued to smile anyway.

"I want to take you on a date." He said and I tilted my head in question.

"Really? That's a first." I admitted. "I don't think we've ever really gone on a date." Our relationship didn't start off normal and while we did hang out as friends before, it was only just as friends.