Chapter 11

Do you ever have those moments where you literally can't put into words what your feeling or thinking?

Because I'm experiencing that now. 

I was staring in shock at this girl, supposedly Amelia cried into Nixon's arms. She threw herself on him the minute he recognized her and has now just been staring at her like he's seeing a ghost. Meanwhile, I'm still standing here completely flabbergasted by the whole damn thing. I waited for Nixon to say something to me, but he was silent and by the time Bryce and Kit got down to the gate to see what the commotion was, I could feel my anger rising again.

"Lets uh... let's get into my office and then talk, yeah?" Bryce suggested after hearing the story. I was waiting for my mate to come and walk with me, but instead, he held onto Amelia and walked right past me. I stared at their backs as they walked away with Bryce and I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sure he's in shock. Just give him some time." Kit said with full sympathy, but I shook my head and shrugged his hand off.

"I'm two seconds away from going apeshit." I sneered and stalked off towards the house. It was taking every ounce of self-restraint not to run off. There was still a little part of me that wanted to believe what Kit said was true. That I just needed to wait for Nixon to come to terms and he'd talk to me. He's already told me he holds no feelings for Amelia anymore and that they left the minute he saw me and realized I was his mate. But I feel like that's easier to say when the person in question isn't around and in your life. I took my time in going up to Bryce's office and figured they would've started without me, but the small ringing that went off in my head told me Bryce knew what I was doing and was waiting on me. My stomach twisted and turned and I felt like I would vomit at any minute as I walked up the stairs and stood in front of the door to the office. With a sigh, I opened it and was greeted by everyone staring at me. Bryce was seated behind his desk with Allister and Kit standing beside him. Amelia was sitting on the loveseat in the room and surprise, surprise! Nixon was sitting next to her while she curled into his side. I didn't like her staring at me. And I didn't like Nixon staring at me knowing exactly what he was doing. He had to know! I felt someone pull me into a tight hug and I saw it was Julian as he pulled away and gave me a sad smile. I decided to go stand with him in the corner of the room so we could get on with this.

"It's nice to put a face to the name." Bryce started out but quickly added. "I would say Nixon talked a lot about you, but that's not the case. And I also would say its nice to meet you, but given the circumstances."

"I understand and I hold no grudges towards anyone. I have taken responsibility for my actions." Amelia said sadly and looked up at Nixon. My blood was boiling as they stared at each other and everyone else turned to look at me.

"May I ask how you found us? From what I've gathered, you were last seen in Canada. Most of the Packs up there don't know who we are or where we are located." I tried to hide my joy at Bryce cautious attitude with her. He didn't trust her and it made me feel like I was winning in a non-existent battle against her. Amelia cleared her throat before she decided to tell her story—a fake one, no doubt.

"Your Pack isn't as secret as you think." She stayed and I saw Bryce tense at her tone. "Most Packs know of others and keep logs of them in the case that they'll need alliances if a war happens."

"I don't need a rouge explaining to me what I already know." Bryce snapped, clearly fed up with her attitude. Everyone in the room seemed to agree with his behavior, but Nixon looked upset and I couldn't fight the scowl from forming on my lips.

"Let her talk Bryce. Obviously, she needs to give some background—"

"No, it's okay Nix. I did step out of line assuming he didn't know about the logs." I cringed at the nickname she used and wanted to rip her arms off as they patted my boyfriend's leg and stayed there.