Chapter 8

"First of all, how did you even know I was leaving?" I snapped and Nixon's facial expression never changed from the look of fury etched into his features. Wow. I really pissed him off this time.

Good.

"Bryce told me. He said I needed to fix this shit before it put everyone in danger." This caused me to snort loudly in disbelief. I should have fucking known Bryce wasn't going to keep his mouth shut.

"Put everyone in danger? That's the understatement of the year."

"No, it is not Drake!" Nixon yelled and I stopped laughing to looking at him with a serious face. Who the hell is he yelling at like that? I know it ain't me. He got the wrong one. "If we end up breaking up, it will almost be the equivalent of one of us dying. If that happens, we either go rogue or die ourselves. If one of us goes rogue, that could put the Pack in danger!"

"None of this would be happening if you would just fucking tell me about her! Don't treat me like a fucking child!" I yelled back at him, tired of everyone treating me like some damn infant when it came to werewolf knowledge.

"Tell you about who!?" He yelled back and I wanted to throttle him so badly right now. How could someone so handsome and with so much experience be this thick in the head?

"Your ex you dipshit." I snapped and his look of anger transformed into one of confusion. Oh my god I am going to lose my shit.

"My ex? I already told you about them." He said, sounding extremely confused at how this was the source of our fighting.

"Nixon, you are not stupid. If I have to spell it out for you, I'm going to fucking punch you in the throat." I said as calmly as I could, waiting for him to answer, and when he continued to just stand there looking like a lost child, I gave up. Reaching for the closest thing near me, a metal bowl that was holding some decorative balls in it, I chucked it across the room at Nixon. "AMELIA YOU ASSHOLE. WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT AMELIA!?" I screamed and I watched a ray of emotions fill his face at the mention of her name.

"How--how do you know her name?" He asked quietly, almost in shock, which made no sense to me. Well, clearly it would make sense to me if he, well, you know...FUCKING TOLD ME ABOUT HER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

"I mentioned how--wait. It doesn't matter how I know her name. You clearly care a lot about her, so why don't you tell me why." I could see him starting to retreat into himself again and I shook my head. He did the same shit when he saw Killian, he was NOT doing it to me now! "Nixon why can't you see that this is the reason for all the fighting? I told you about my mom. That's something I don't ever want to talk about because of the emotions it brings out in me. I knew you had a girlfriend that you cared a lot about and was hoping you would tell me about her alongside your story, but you never did and that really hurt me." I walked towards him, holding his eyes that held emotions I couldn't place.

"Talk to me, Nixon. I've been seeing the effect she has on you and I don't want to see you like this anymore. I want to help and I cant do that if I don't know." While I couldn't tell what emotions he was feeling, I could see that he was debating on telling me. I'm not going to lie, it's pissing me off that he still has to think about whether or not to tell me, but I was the same way when Bryce told me to talk about my mom.

I waited patiently for him to answer and when I saw he clearly wasn't going to talk, I felt all my energy leave my body. Jeremiah, go back. I'm staying here. I said through the mind link and stepped back from Nixon.

"Let's just go to bed. I cant do this anymore right now, it's too exhausting." I sighed and walked around quietly, picking up the bowl and setting it back on the table while Nixon undressed slowly. I followed suit, stripping from my jeans and shirt until I was left in my boxers before turning off the lights and crawling under the blankets. I moved to the furthest side of the bed because I honestly didn't want to be near Nixon at the moment. I couldn't understand these emotions inside me. I was confused, hurt, angry, depressed. My heart was still telling me being in this relationship was right, and my brain was finally starting to agree, but now that doubt was back telling me if I was dating a girl I wouldn't be dealing with this emotional crisis. I was finally dozing off but was jerked awake by the sound of the blanket moving and the sudden feeling of warmth coming towards my backside.