Chapter 4: The Red King

[Jisoo]

I scream. There are currently two guys hiding in the shadows. One is beating the hell crap out of the other. The offender stops beating the victim when he hears my scream. He turns towards me, still clutching his victim's shirt.

"You!" I shout. "Don't come any closer or i'll shout again."

I can't properly see his face since it's dark but i'm pretty sure i see him smirk. I also notice the silver necklace dangling around his neck. Its pendant takes a form of a dream catcher. He finally lets go of the other guy and runs away to the opposite direction.

I swallow before checking out whether his victim is still breathing. My eyes widen when i realize who it is. It's that boy, Chanwoo.

"Oh my god!"

The poor boy is in a total mess. His face is bloody and bruised. I hurriedly pull out my phone and dial the emergency number.

"Hello? I need an ambulance right now. There's a guy here who needs help." I speak through my phone. "We're at a nearby cafe near the school. Hurry!"

I hang up. I kneel beside Chanwoo and start shaking him.

"Yah, can you hear me?"

Chanwoo stirs. He opens his eyes a little. He struggles to lift up his hand. "He-help m-me."

"It's alright." I grab his hand and squeeze it gently. "Help is coming."

•••••

[B.I]

"Yah, It's already the second term of the semester but you've only been to school for what, five or six times?"

I peek through the magazine which is covering my face and see Jay, wiping the counter. Jinhwan a.k.a Jay already graduated from school and is currently running a bar within the Red clansmen's territory. This place also serves as our Headquarters. There's an apartment above where my boys can stay and sleep.

"No reply?" Jay sighs. "That's alright. I'm already used to it."

I smirk and continue to enjoy my siesta while lying on one of the sofas inside the bar. The place is still empty seeing that it's still early. People will start swarming the place around nine in the evening.

"We're back!" Yunhyeong a.k.a Song arrives with Bobby tailing him from behind.

"Welcome back." Jay greets them back. "How's school?"

Bobby directly heads to the counter and sits on one of the lined stools. Jay hands him a glass of water. Song on the other hand chooses to sit next to me.

"Nothing much." Song smiles. "Oh, there's this new girl in our class who sat near us. She's kind of cute."

I raise an eyebrow.

"More like stupid if you ask me." Bobby scoffs. "She's clueless to her surroundings and it'll surely bring her to trouble someday."

"Oh, that's right!" Song turns, facing me. "The Gray King has a message for you."

I get up from my lying position and sit up more properly, facing Song.

"He said you should get your lazy ass to school if you want to live longer."

I clench my jaw.

"Yah!" Jay scolds the younger boy.

I turn towards them when i hear Bobby snicker. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Well, knowing my guys, i'm pretty sure they're only telling half of the truth.