Chapter 19: Weighing Options

[Jisoo]

"This is what we're talking about." Jinhwan says. "We got a word from DK. Told us that the King's Tower was being raided by some unknown assailants. We assumed it might be the rebels so we hurriedly left to look for you two."

"But we didn't expect it to be lead by the Head himself." Bobby furrows his eyebrows together. "That bastard. I knew there's something fishy about that man."

"But what do they need Jisoo for?" Taeyong asks, earning him some frowns from the red clansmen. "I mean, Jisoo's just an ordinary girl." We all pause, taking our time to think. "Isn't she?"

Well, to be honest i don't know myself whether i'm normal or not. I mean, i got these weird dreams about the WHEEL every single night. Does that count as being normal?

"You're still here?" Bobby cocks an eyebrow.

"Stop being a jerk." Jinhwan scolds. "Can't you see we're all in trouble here?"

"To all the clansmen out there." Yang Hyunsuk continues. "I'm offering you this once in a lifetime opportunity. Join me in my quest to conquer the WHEEL."

"What the fuck is this man talking about?" Hanbin growls.

"He's mad." Jinhwan gapes.

"Finally! We found a way for everyone to have a COLOR." Yang Hyunsuk says making our eyes wide. "Those who can't use a color can be able to once you join me and my colleagues."

"Is he serious?" Jinhwan asks, not believing.

"Those clansmen who want to swear their loyalty to me must surrender Jisoo first." Yang Hyunsuk says.

"The fuck?" Bobby curses.

"He's crazy if he thinks we'll surrender Jisoo!" Taeyong exclaims.

"Whoa! Hol'up! Since when did we become a team?" Bobby crosses his arms, his eyes scrutinizing.

"I'm being serious here." Taeyong glares. "This is not the right time for us to fight."

"Yah." Hanbin nudges me.

"Wh—what?" I stammer.

"You alright?"

I pause. I don't know if i'm alright. Am i really on their wanted list now? Why? What did i do wrong and what am i supposed to do now? What about my brother? Where is he now? Is he safe? If i choose to surrender myself, does that guarantee everyone's safety? Argh! I'm so lost right now.

"Hey." Hanbin calls for my attention once more.

"I—"

"Some of the clansmen have already joined me." Yang Hyunsuk informs. "In exchange for their freedom."

The guys look at one another, confirming whether they're the traitors who chose to side with Yang Hyunsuk.

"Not me." Taeyong frowns, shaking his head. "I would never join his side."

"Are you sure?" Bobby asks, narrowing his eyes towards the Gray King. "Because we clearly don't trust you right now."

"And neither am i." Taeyong scoffs.

"But seriously though? Which clansmen do you think he meant earlier?" Jinhwan asks. "Who would dare betray the Gold King?"

"I don't care about them or what this lunatic is saying." Hanbin grits his teeth while glaring towards the image of Yang Hyunsuk. "We need to hide Jisoo first."

•••••

[Suho]

"What's with these chains?" Lay grumbles. "I can't use my COLOR with this on."