Chapter 30: Truce

[V]

I keep walking back and forth in front of the shop where our hideout is supposed to be located underground. Unlike before, the shop is in ruins, a clear sign that there had been a power struggle that took place inside. I sigh for the nth time. I hope the damage didn't reach the main room. This is the first place that popped up inside my head after Jisoo mentioned about the Colorless Clansmen's disappearance. Actually, this is the only place i could think of. All of us except for Suga lived at Tone City. We left our hometown after becoming a clansman.

RM became a King during his school field trip here at Hue City. He told us how a group of sentinels came to stop him from boarding his bus that day. He became a King without him knowing. Fortunately, Jin and J-hope stayed with him and became his clansmen later. They met Suga a few months later and recruited him into the group. Jungkook joined after Jin saw him in the streets. Jungkook told us that he sneaked into a truck from Tone City to come here at Hue City. Then, Jimin and I were the last ones to join. We came here at Hue City looking for a decent job but ended up being a Colorless clansman.

"What are you doing here?"

I flinch, turning around. I swallow when i see RM standing in front of me. He's carrying a bag of groceries in each hands.

"I-uh..." I stammer while trying to avoid making eye contact.

RM rolls his eyes before shoving me with his shoulders. He struggles as he tries to reach out behind his back pocket. He turns towards me, raising his eyebrows.

"Yah, are you just going to stand over there?"

I blink, realizing what he was meaning to say. "Ah, right!"

I hurriedy pick the other bag from RM as he reaches out to pick up his key from his back pocket. He unlocks the door, opening it. He heads inside and waits for me to get in.

"RM, is that you?" I hear Jin-hyung's voice coming from the inside.

I automatically stop on my tracks, hesitating. I don't know why but i suddenly feel guilty. What will they feel when they see me? Whether i admit it or not, i am scared. I'm not confident enough to face them again. Especially him.

"Taehyung?"

I jump and gape upon meeting the eyes of the last person i want to see right now. I can't seem to read Jimin's expression. I don't know if he's angry at me or disappointed for not getting in touch with them after the Tower's collapse.

"Hey." I try to smile but it comes out awkward.

I sigh, feeling defeated. Of course Jimin's still upset with me. He is both angry and disappointed for leaving the clan behind. I don't have much choice but to prepare myself for their protests but instead of yelling at me, my friends welcome me with open arms. Jimin even reaches out to give me a brotherly hug.

"You idiot." Jimin whispers. "Why did you show up just now?"

"We were worried, hyung." Jungkook also joins the hug.

"I'm sorry." I return their hug, feeling grateful.

"We thought something might've happened to you." Jimin lets go to face me. "We never heard from you."

I smile sheepishly before looking around. I notice Suga's absence. "Where's Suga?"

The others exchange knowing looks with each other. Hoseok-hyung is the the first one to break the silence by rubbing the back of his neck. "He left."

"What?" My eyes suddenly widen. "What do you mean he left?"

They purse their lips, not being able to say anything. That's when i realize Suga did something unexpectable.