Chapter 14: The Captive King

[RM]

"Ow!" I hear Jungkook yelp. "That hurt!"

"If you stopped squirming, it wouldn't hurt that much." Jin scold. "Now, hold still."

I close my eyes before slumping myself against the wall. My clansmen and i have just gotten back from fighting the Gold King. YG had given us the order to capture the Gold King. He said he needed him in the future, a future where we already got our hands on the WHEEL. Maybe, the reason for the Gold King's capture has something to do with his role he mentioned to us back when we were summoned to the King's Tower years ago.

"You okay?" J-hope asks. Just like me, he also has bruises and scratches all over his body. "Mind if i join you?"

I shake my head. J-hope sits down. We both fall into silence. Weariness, evident on our faces. We can still hear Jungkook's cries of protests while Suga is treating his own injuries from the other side of the room.

We received some pretty heavy damage just for restraining the Gold King. It's a good thing he didn't know of our COLOR that we were able to capture him successfully without having to receive permanent damage on our side.

The Gold King was caught off guard when we used our telekinesis to subdue him. He fought hard at first but because of our overwhelming numbers and persistence that we finally able to capture him.

"Fvck." J-hope suddenly curses. "That guy's a monster. I can't believe he fought us together at the same time."

I laugh. "How's Jimin by the way?"

Among us, Jimin took the heaviest damage. Aside from his bruises, his right arm is also broken. Teahyung brought him to the hospital to have it plastered.

"He's fine." J-hope assures me. "Taehyung's with him."

I purse my lips. I can't believe i almost got my clansmen killed. I clench my jaw, hating myself. J-hope notices it and tries to comfort me by patting my shoulder.

"It's not your fault." He tells me. "Everyone agreed to do this, Jimin especially. He has the biggest reason for doing this."

"I know." I sag. "But as your King, you are still my responsibility."

J-hope squeezes my shoulder. "Namjoon-ah, don't carry all the burdens to yourself. Sometimes it is okay to share some of your loads to your friends. Remember, we're not just your clansmen. We're also your friends."

I smile, feeling grateful. "Thanks horsie. That really helped."

"Yah! Who are you calling horsie?"

I laugh but it immediately dies down when i remember something. "Where is he now anyway? Where are they keeping him?"

J-hope tilts his head upward and sighs tiredly. "I don't know. The sentinels who are working under YG took him from us."

I frown. I know i shouldn't doubt YG's motives. We've already come this far to the point of no turning back. I don't know but there's something about YG that doesn't set well with me. I think there's something else he's trying to hide from us.

"I know that look." J-hope narrows his eyes at me. "You still don't trust them."

I smirk. "I trust their plan but not their motives. YG is one of those people you can't read, making him a very dangerous man."

"Do you want me to spy on them?"

I shake my head. "No need. I'm already aware of their plan. Now, that step one has finally been fulfilled, we will now proceed to the next step."