Chapter 2// Pep rally disaster

Zara's P.O.V.

When I got to school the next day, I confronted Bucky with Addison by my side. " Hey, Hey!"  I started.

"Heyyy." Bucky said and stopped in front of me. " Wassup cuz."

"Zombie are students at Seabrook too Bucky, picking on them isn't right" I stated blatantly. Bucky looked around at the zombies n the other side of the fence.

" Zombies distract people form whats really important like cheer, us, ME." Bucky answered

" But we can't go around tormenting them" Addison said

"It would be best if you didn't question things" Bucky said as he tucked Addison's hair behind her ear, hinting at her white hair.

I sighed walking with Addison. "Hey I'll catch up with you later, I gotta go do something." Addison nodded and I walked down to the basement. I heard Zed talking as I walked in.

"I thought she was the one , but I was wrong all cheerleaders are terrible." That made me so upset, had I really ruined all of this? The teacher interrupted my thoughts.

" There's no human students in the basement." He stated.

" Uh someone yakked in the cafeteria." I made up real quick.

" Oh Right, still the janitor." He said as he grabbed his mop and  went upstairs.

"Wow, this is awful" I said, about the basement.

"Yea we would've cleaned but the teacher is territorial about his mop." Eliza said sarcastically, but also serious.

"Zara what are you doing here?" Zed asked me. Welp, here it goes.

"Apologizing. My cousin is a jerk about zombies, and last night for cheer initiation he took us to Zombie Town, and tried to make us egg your house and we said no and he left when he got caught by a zombie. That's a terrible excuse, the point is I'm really sorry." I honestly just spoke so fast ,I don't even know what I said.

" Well what if Bucky sees us talking?" He asked

"Like I said the other day, I don't even like cheer, so if he kicks me off than good." As I said this we both smiled at each other. " Will you guys come to the pep rally this afternoon?" I asked, including Bonzo and Eliza.

" Uh, Zombies don't do pep rallies." Eliza answered

"We'll think about it" Zed answered, smiling at me. We smiled once more and I went back to class.

-------------------- cut to Addison, Bree, and Zara getting ready for the rally ---------------------------------

What was I thinking? They won't come to the pep rally. I said to myself.

"There's zombies at the pep rally!" Bree shouted. I jumped up with excitement ant looked around the curtain to see all the zombies taking seats in the bleachers.

"They wouldn't dare." Bucky said with anger, he came behind Addison to look and I could feel his anger growing. " Stacey, Lacey, Tracey. Bust out the spirit sticks" Spirit sticks? What is he up to? 

 We got into position, and people cheered Bucky's name as I flipped across the gym and Bucky busted through his giant banner. We started the routine and as I did all my stunts perfectly, I heard Bucky say to get the spirit sticks. Next thing I knew was, I was being thrown into the air and I saw that the people meant to catch me ran away form Bonzo who was freaked out form the spirit sticks. I closed my eyes and braced for impact, but instead was caught by someone. When I opened my eyes, I saw Zed.