Chapter 6//The Big Day

Zara's P.O.V.
Waking up, I had butterflies in my stomach. I got ready as fast as I could and ran out the door without Addison. When I got to school, I sat in front of Zed's locker until I saw him come into school with Eliza and Bonzo. As he walked up to me with his goofy smile, I couldn't help but smile back and as I smiled. I could feel my face become red with blush. 

" Hey Zara" Zed said stopping in front of me.

" Heyyyy." I responded, twiddling my thumbs and looking down. That's it. I'm gonna do it. I don't care.

"So why are you here so early?" He asked me, confused.

"Well... I was gonna tell you.... I mean.... I-" He cut me off.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, really concerned.

"Yeah. I just. Okay. We got cut off last night. And I was thinking about it all night. I think... I think what I'm trying to say is-" I looked right into his eyes, standing tall, and kissed him. He was surprised at first, but then kissed back. After a couple seconds, we both pulled back and just smiled at each other.

"I feel the same way about you" Zed said grabbing my hands in his and holding them. 

"Zed? You have to meet my parents tonight. If not, Addison can't cheer and I can't ruin her life like  that. 

"Okay, I'll just win them over with my quick wit and charm" He said as he winked

"Only one problem, my parents don't know you're a zombie"

"And they hate zombies..."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I wish there could be no issues. I just wish there was a switch I could flip to change everything." I said with sorrow. Zed hugged me softly as the bell rang. " I have to go to class. See you later."

--------------------------------at home-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked up to my parents to finally tell them about Zed. 

"Guys, I have to tell you something." I said 

"Now we're getting somewhere" my parents responded.

"He's-" The doorbell rang cutting me off. My parents walked to the door. "You do not wanna open that."

"Don't be silly Zara" my father said.

"Fine open it. Yes my date to homecoming is-" I was cut off.

"Handsome." My 'mother' states. 

"What?" I asked confused.I walked to the door and saw that Zed looked human. No. He didn't do it, did he? " You look..."

"Dashing" my dad finished.

" For you " Zed says giving my 'mother' flowers.

" Thank you" she says.

" So, how do you know my daughter?" my dad asks.

" Well she was a cheerleader and I'm on the football team." Zed said hoping to please my dad.

"Oh really?" 

"Really"

" You know I used to play a little ball back in the day." My dad bragged.

"Really?" Zed said pretending to be excited.

"Really. I was a fullback."

"I'm a fullback." Zed answer.

"No"

"Yeah"

"Let's do this. Lets go Mighty Shrimp, break on 5. hoo" After that weird experience I walked past my parents.

" we are gonna go to the game now." I said annoyed. As my parents talked about how great was I ignored them "I'll see you at the game."

"Nice meeting you" Zed said holding my hand as we walked.

"How did you?-" I asked.

"I adjusted my Z-band. I can feel the energy coursing through my veins." He said. I was going to tell him to go back but he just seemed to happy so I left it." We have time before the game. Time to take you on a real date." 

"A date?" I asked. He nodded as we walked to an ice cream place.

"After you" Zed said holding the door open. I walked in and the door closed behind me with no Zed. I opened the door again to see if he was okay.

" You good?"  I asked him concerned. 

"I'm fine, nothings wrong. Eliza was wrong, I'm completely fine."He responded. We walked into the ice cream place and sat down. 

"Vanilla, vanilla, double vanilla. Wanna guess the last one?"  I asked Zed, wiggling my eyebrows at him.

" Vanilla." Zed answered.

"How'd you know?"  I asked sarcastically.

"This towns got a wide variety." He said. The girl gave us 2 cups of vanilla and I picked at it.

"This is so Seabrook."I said sighing.

"Hey vanilla works." Zed said as I giggled at him scarfing down the ice cream. "This is great."

"Is it?" I asked him wary.

"Yeah. I'm here with you." He said.

"Yeah but you can't be yourself like this. Its not right" I said, only to realize how much I pretend.

" So? You wear makeup and a wig to fit in." Zed said placing his hand on the table. I pull his sleeve over his Z-band and hold my hand there. He pulls his hand down, making sure no one saw it and sighed.

"We shouldn't have to hide who we are. We are the ones changing when it should be everyone else." I said.

"Look. I'll dial my self down to zombie mode and win the game then I promise I won't do this again." Zed said looking at me. I nodded and we got up, leaving money for the ice cream and walked to the game, hand in hand.