Chapter 5// Zombie Town

Zara's P.O.V.

At school the next morning, I was putting stuff in my locker when Bonzo came up to me.

"Zed Gar zarraga zis ga Zon."( Zed said to give you this note) Bonzo said handing me a note from Zed.

"Zar zomma Bonzo" Bonzo looked surprised that I understood and spoke zombie. Bonzo gave me a hug and left. I opened the note and it read meet me at the barrier at 7pm. xo, Zed. I could get in so much trouble, good thing I don't care. At lunch, Zed, Eliza, Bonzo, and I all sat in the art room. We all talked and hung out as I was trying to recreate the painting that Bucky destroyed. Zed told Eliza and Bonzo about me and we talked about being different until the bell rang. The rest of the day, I spent my time in every class drawing. My teachers didn't really care because I has an A in every class. At first I drew Zed, then on another page I drew Zoey. That little girl knew everything and I loved how confident she was. Whenever I visited Zombie Town in the summer, I brought my dog, Bauer so Zoey should hang out with a real dog. Then in my last class I drew Eliza, Bonzo, Zed, and I. The bell rang and I packed up my stuff and went home. After doing my homework and eating dinner, I decided to get ready. I hit the button on my closet and decided to wear dark gray ripped jeans with gray combat boots and a maroon v-neck top. I fixed my necklace and put my bracelet on before grabbing my bag and leaving. As I got to the barrier, I saw Zed waiting for me.

" Hey, you ready?" He asked.

"No." I responded. He gave me a confused look. I took my wig off, putting it in my bag and fluffed my hair. In the light of the sun going down, the emerald green seemed to shimmer against the lighter shades of green in my hair. Zed smiled as I looked at him. " Now I'm ready."

" Come on, you're gonna love this." he said taking my hand. We walked hand in hand and eventually went in an elevator and saw Zed looking like he was in pain.

" Hey are you okay? You're not looking so hot." I asked, worried.

"ouch" he responded jokingly.

" You know what I meant." I said, hitting his shoulder.

" I have to use my Z-band to win games." He answered.

" I know, I see you do it. Is it dangerous?" I asked.

"Yeah but If I don't win, people won't accept zombies." He said, sighing.

"Hey I get it. Trust me." I said looking at my hair. The elevator door opened and what was in front of us was amazing. It was like a zombie rave. I walked with Zed to a wall wit ha Z-band and words in zombie on it.

" So do you understand zombie?" He asked curious.

" Yep. 23 words for brains, and a lot more." I said giggling.

" I wish you lived here. Then we would've met earlier."

"Yeah, that would be nice but at least we know each other now." I replied.

" Heyyyy, nice locks little miss halfsie." Eliza said

"Thanks, Eliza." I said smiling at her. A noise erupted from speakers.

"Its starting. You can dance right?" Zed asked.

"Hell yeah." I answered with a cocky face.

"Okay go to the front." He said and left me. I went to the front of the crows and stood there and Eliza and Bonzo started the music. Zed popped out behind some fog and started dancing and singing. As the song went on, I joined in after realizing the pattern and Zed and I danced together until the song was over. Zed went to get a drink and I decided to explore. I heard someone cheering and followed the noise.

"Zoey?" I asked. She turned and looked at me .

"Zara?!" She yelled and got up. I ran to her and gave her a big hug.

"I missed you so much." I said, letting her go. " I see you still have Zander. How about I bring Bauer to your house this week?" Zoey got so excited and nodded.

" So you're the person who brings the dog that she always talks about." Eliza said walking in.

" Yep. I wish we could all hang out more." I said sighing.

"Zoey what are you doing here?" Zed said walking in looking at me then Zoey

"I wasn't gonna miss a zombie mash." She answered, making a pouty face.

"Zoey..."

" Come onnn. Who's a good boy?" She asked, inciting him. Zed made some dog noises and went up to Zoey.

"Me." he said. I giggled.

"Alright, alright Ill take you home. Zed's gotta make sure Zara gets home safely." Eliza said grabbing Zoey.

" Wait! Don't forget Zander!" I Shouted to her. I gave her Zander and smiled. " I'll bring Bauer over this week okay?"

"Okay, bye Zara" she responded giving me another hug.

"Come on." Zed said making me follow him.

"What is this place?" I said referencing to the lights surrounding us. I've never been here before.

"It's a zombie light garden." Zed answered. Zed starting singing our song but slowly and we walked around the garden together. We stopped right in front of each other and stared into each others eyes. We grabbed a strand of my hair and smiled at me. He learned in the same time I did and just as we were about to kiss the lights went out.

"ZOMBIE PATROL. Any zombie caught will be in trouble." A voice yelled. As soon as I heard the voice, I went into my bag and put my wig on, shoving my real hair in the wig. "Zombie please turn around." I turned around and saw Gus.

"Gus?" I asked.

"Zara? What are you doing here? This place is zombie high profile. Let's get you out of here." I nodded, looking back to make sure Zed wasn't caught. Luckily he wasn't and he got away in time.

----------------------------------- cut to Zara's house-------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I got home, I stood in front of my parents with Gus next to me.

"You snuck out?" My 'Mother' asked me.

" There's hundreds of dangerous zombies out there. What were you doing?" my father asked, furiously. I think sometimes, he forgets I'm half- zombie.

" I-I- I was out with a boy." I finally answered. They looked at me confused.

" Who is this boy? " my 'mother' asked. After not answering she continued. " There will be no cheering for you until we meet this boy."

" Uh, I already quit cheer. Bucky pissed me off so I quit." I retorted as she tared at me with hate.

" Fine then no art for you and no cheer for Addison."

" What?! That's so not fair. She wasn't even involved." I yelled.

"Well maybe that will encourage you." She sassed back. I stormed to my room and layed face down on my bed. Of course, every single thing I do I get yelled at for. I threw my wig on my desk and took a shower. As I crawled into bed at night, I just sighed. That's it. I don't care anymore, tomorrow I'm gonna kiss him.